Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Spring Thread

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So I've mentioned this in the official spring thread but it might not have been noticed yet.

I was curious the differences between all the springs and if in fact some work better than others with the stock struts and shocks. I really don't want to upgrade them if I don't have to.

My options I'm wondering about are the Vogtlands, Cobb's, Eibach's, and Mountune's.

Any help would be appreciated!

koozy

3000 Post Club
it's kinda difficult to answer without being biased, unless you've had them all or have had the opportunity to ride with cars having each one. people are naturally going to vouch for what they have. that said, I have Suspension Techniques springs which is uncommon among members here and I happy with them. [thumb]

I have mountune springs, purchased with the hope that they do what they were advertised to do: work with stock struts. So far the ride has improved drastically compared to the stock setup. The car feels more responsive, planted, and less bouncy over bumps. I am no suspension expert so maybe others can chime in. I'm running 17x8 with stock tires and haven't had any issues with rubbing or scraping.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I have mountune springs, purchased with the hope that they do what they were advertised to do: work with stock struts. So far the ride has improved drastically compared to the stock setup. The car feels more responsive, planted, and less bouncy over bumps. I am no suspension expert so maybe others can chime in. I'm running 17x8 with stock tires and haven't had any issues with rubbing or scraping.
That's what I'm looking for. Thanks forn the input. What made you choose mountune? The compatibility with the stock setup?

None whatsoever!! Had I not gone with mountune I would have gone with Vogtland, simply because the drop of Vogtland's 1.4 in front and back is sweeeeet.

Did you do a allignment after putting on the mountunes ? If so was any adjustment needed

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Did you do a allignment after putting on the mountunes ? If so was any adjustment needed
You need an alignment with any set of drop-springs, regardless of brand. Yes, adjustment will be needed.