Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Sub Installation

OP
P
Thread Starter #22
Find a good bodyshop and she'll be as good as new.
I'm pretty confident in the shop, every damaged piece is being replaced, not repaired, so it's taking awhile due to needing to order some more parts. Hopefully I'll get her back next week. /crossfingers

OP
P
Thread Starter #23
Got her back beginning of the month - looks brand new again... anyways, a video as requested:

[video=youtube;D4Yq4RJWhUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Yq4RJWhUU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I had Rockford Fosgate 1500W RMS 4 channel, and 2 x 10" P2 Punch in a Enclosed Ported Box, 1.5 Farad Cap, Kenworth Single Din, in a 98 Civic DX.

Then the civic was hit parked on the street by a drunk driver. Totaled.

Got a used 98 Oldsmobile Intrigue, put the system in that. Then my Tags expired, got pulled over. I was on my father's insurance and he never renewed, so the Olds got towed....and I never had the money to get it out of impound. Lost the car, system, Yakima roof rack, with 2 bike mounts, the intake, the exterior lights.... [bigcry]

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Got her back beginning of the month - looks brand new again... anyways, a video as requested:

[video=youtube;D4Yq4RJWhUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Yq4RJWhUU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Wow im amazed i hear no rattling even with the hatch down...kudos on the quality work. Wanna do mine? Lol

OP
P
Thread Starter #31
Haha thanks, yeah, it sounds pretty good, very clean. I'm pretty happy with it.

I get a slight rattle at certain freq from the headliner right in front of the moonroof. I'm sure a bit of tap or a sock would fix it =).

me32

1000 Post Club
Haha thanks, yeah, it sounds pretty good, very clean. I'm pretty happy with it.

I get a slight rattle at certain freq from the headliner right in front of the moonroof. I'm sure a bit of tap or a sock would fix it =).
Your in reno your only like few hours from me.

I like it! I was just at my local shop looking at what they have so I can plan places for everything and decide how much space I have for the enclosure. Great job.

Sorry to hi-jack again, but what were the outer measurements of the box? I just took my spare out and measured everything. Looks like 33"w x 22"l x 6" deep. Using 1/2
MDF (3360ci) with the spare area which I got 23" dia and 5" deep (1869ci). That get's me about 3cf minus the internal bracing and sub displacement.

I know you didn't take the spare out, but am I close to what you got for the box piece?

OP
P
Thread Starter #35
Sorry to hi-jack again, but what were the outer measurements of the box? I just took my spare out and measured everything. Looks like 33"w x 22"l x 6" deep. Using 1/2
MDF (3360ci) with the spare area which I got 23" dia and 5" deep (1869ci). That get's me about 3cf minus the internal bracing and sub displacement.

I know you didn't take the spare out, but am I close to what you got for the box piece?
Yeah, I left the spare, but you could definitely get some great cf with the tire space, the box I made is 21x34, the 21 could have been a big larger, so it looks like you're about right on where I was. Looking forward to seeing your setup!

For anyone else that cares, if you want to leave the tire, the box I made is 4 inches deep, subs surface mounted, and want your drivers towards the back to leave enough room for extension so your drive doesn't hit the load floor (it is fairly thick).

I know this is an older thread, but if you want a crisper cleaner thump to your bass with a sealed box stuff it full of poly fill (pillow stuffing found at walmart). I use it every time I build a sealed box. It takes the reverb out of the bass and makes it a clearer more distinctive thump.

Looks great! I will be using this as a model for my plans. I plan to make a box, either a single 8" or a 10"... I haven't decided. I don't need massive bass. In the past an 8" has been sufficient for my needs.

With a single sub, and a smaller bodied amp that will leave me pretty good spare space, in which I plan to make storage dividers, so sub and amp on the drivers side, and storage dividers on the passenger side.

Great stuff, very clean!

So the amp is running only the subs and the rest of the speakers are running on the factory deck?

Phinnegan, did you have to adjust anything to get the spare to sit fully flat? On mine the spare is at enough of an angle that a board wouldn't be in contact at all with the floor of the trunk at the back seats (by at least an inch, by my estimation).

I've only done a cursory once over when I was doing the wiring (have a generic box/sub taking up a third of the trunk space that I've had for the last 18 years to hold me over until I get the custom built), but the spare just seemed to wedge in so far and was at the bit of an angle and didn't seem to move once placed that I'm not entirely sure this approach will work unless I can get the spare leveled out more)