Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any acoustic matting that will adhere to the underside of the hatch cover thingy?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The stuff I normally use falls right off, same with 2 other brands. Has anyone found some that’ll stick to it?

slopoke

Double backed tape or foam tape? Or industrial use double backed tape? Usually foam tape has good adhesive qualities. Industrial tape is almost like using glue.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
the cargo cover tethered to the hatch that hides your stuff? Acoustic matting as in dynamat, the heavy Butyl Rubber stuff? I assume you are trying to turn it into a trunk-like box. In that case, I would find another cargo cover and sandwich the dynamat between them.......or put it on top and then cover that with something. Watchout! I'm spit balling, tired and still at work. Weird stuff will ooze out of this brain.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Double backed tape or foam tape? Or industrial use double backed tape? Usually foam tape has good adhesive qualities. Industrial tape is almost like using glue.
Something about the fibrous underside makes everything fall off. I might need a thick adhesive to wick into the material and get a foothold but that’s probably more permanent than I was looking for.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
the cargo cover tethered to the hatch that hides your stuff? Acoustic matting as in dynamat, the heavy Butyl Rubber stuff? I assume you are trying to turn it into a trunk-like box. In that case, I would find another cargo cover and sandwich the dynamat between them.......or put it on top and then cover that with something. Watchout! I'm spit balling, tired and still at work. Weird stuff will ooze out of this brain.
It’s started vibrating when I drive around and I just wanted to add a few strips of mass damping foam to it, but the stuff is amazingly good at not being stuck to :p