Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any experience with EBC Orangestuff?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I have had the Mountune Winmax track pads on backorder for over a month now, and it looks like they've been replaced with Mountune-branded EBC Orangestuff, at least until Winmax can step up their production. On my previous car, I tried the Yellowstuff pads and was happy with their performance but they were filthy dirty. I can only imagine the Orangestuff being even dirtier. Reviews are hard to find and most of them are several years old. Does anybody have experience with Orangestuff (on any car)?

DoomsdayMelody

You’re taking the car on the track, so cleanliness shouldn’t be a concern for you. Just that the car stops.

Unless you plan to street a track pad which is a singularly terrible idea.

Brake pads, like tires, are a compromise. there is no single product that checks all the boxes. You can’t have high friction force with a high temp range as well as low dust with current materials technology. It doesn’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SST

OP, can you actually share your experience on the yellow stuff? i can't seem to find much from the forum. How does it handle on track?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
my EBC rep says the Orange pads are Europe only. I asked if we could purchase a large quantity to bring the sku to the states. They said in a robot's voice, The orange is Europe only. lol
Anyway, they can be ordered and shipped here from the UK but it makes the price a little ridiculous

OP
G

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
OP, can you actually share your experience on the yellow stuff? i can't seem to find much from the forum. How does it handle on track?
I ran yellow stuff on my Acura TSX, which had RacingBrake 2-pc rotors. They were great on the track (HPDE), and they were also great for daily driving but I think they're even dustier than our OEM summer pads. As to their longevity, I think I had a 4+ track events on them before I sold the car, and they still had plenty of life on them.

By comparison, the Carbotech 1520s that I'm currently running don't have as much bite as yellow stuff, but they are less dusty and hold up pretty well at the track for non-track pads. If I was only doing spirited daily driving, I'd recommend the Carbotechs. For the track, I'd consider using yellow stuff again but I'm hoping that Mountune will get a new supply of the Winmax W3s because I like their rear pads so far.