Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any idea how to get this piece to stop popping out?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Since the day I bought the car this piece above the steering wheel keeps popping out. Dealership just pushes it back in same as I do and it stays for about an hour. Any thoughts? Not causing and actual issues but it looks like garbage

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was me...I'd use some hook and loop/velcro tape and gitter done!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Mine pops out but takes a few days. The piece is held in via friction. Options could include roughening up the surface to increase the coefficient of friction or increase the pressure by thickening up the piece. Some tape or similar substance could do the trick. I do not recommend glue (but it could work wonderfully)

Mine pops out but takes a few days. The piece is held in via friction. Options could include roughening up the surface to increase the coefficient of friction or increase the pressure by thickening up the piece. Some tape or similar substance could do the trick. I do not recommend glue (but it could work wonderfully)
Seriously? Ford actually has a part that doesn't have clips or bolts?

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I’ll try some gaffers tape to provide a higher friction surface then - thanks

A7xogg

idk what i did but i popped mine back in somehow pushing down and back then back up i think?