Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any major diffrence between 2015 and 14?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How about the Front 4 way adjustable head restraints?

Dave

There are no differences. Absolutely none that you could possibly tell. Bushings and sensors I wouldn't know about, but everything else is absolutely unchanged. There is no new color. Map lights are exactly the same (front+back). No reverse camera. I have ordered 3 2015's for our dealer alone and seen others, there is absolutely no difference. The order form for a 2015 is word for word the same as 2014.

multiple sources have indicated the bushing rates are softer on the 2015 compared to the 2014. Having logged time in both cars, I can't tell a difference.
There are no differences. Absolutely none that you could possibly tell. Bushings and sensors I wouldn't know about, but everything else is absolutely unchanged. There is no new color. Map lights are exactly the same (front+back). No reverse camera. I have ordered 3 2015's for our dealer alone and seen others, there is absolutely no difference. The order form for a 2015 is word for word the same as 2014.
Thank you. I appreciate the input. It's interesting how some posts refer to changes, while others say that they're the same. In the event that the bushings have been made softer this year, would this have any noticeable effects on the car? Perhaps not right away, but would softer bushings wear out faster, or make the car feel sloppy? I'm just curious if buying a 2015 will have any adverse effects over the 2014, even if minor.

Thank you everyone for the input! I am looking into a 2015, as it's hard to locate a 2014 at this point. I was hesitant when I heard about the softer components of the 2015. I watched a ModBargains video awhile ago about how the rear motor mount of the 2014 ST cause a great deal of engine movement/wheel hop. Making the 2015 even softer seems like a step in the wrong direction! Here is the link to the video I was referring to. Does everyone agree with the video? I'm personally not looking to mod the car within the first year or so of ownership, but I also don't want a "scary amount of engine movement under load."
[video=youtube;QVsWbRwydoI]http://youtu.be/QVsWbRwydoI[/video]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Even the 2104 is way to soft, it you want to launch or shift hard at all you will want a rear engine mount, I like the Cobb for control and less harshness than some being offered but more came out since I got mine so make sure to review them.

Softer suspension bushings would soften the harshness of the ride a bit but also likely to reduce overall handling and feedback. Stiffer bushings to load up when twisted more than softer ones, all such bushings stiffen the movement of the related pivot points thus alter handing characteristics. That is why I changed to all urethane with inserts to eliminate that issue and the car is no more and perhaps even less harsh in vibration, shock, etc, than stock and rides better with the added help of the "race" version of the BC coilovers.

Could it be that moon roof gets square lights and no roof gets the rounds?
This is exactly right. The light cluster for people who get the Moonroof package (We'll call them Mooninites) looks like this on all years 2011-present:

IMG 3488 by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

Fun fact: it's a Mazda part. There's an identical version without switches on many Mazda cars.

The non-moonroof people (we'll call them Mooninots) have the same kind you'll see in the rear:

2011 Fiesta Interior by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I got a moon for you. LOL

Dave

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thank you. I appreciate the input. It's interesting how some posts refer to changes, while others say that they're the same. In the event that the bushings have been made softer this year, would this have any noticeable effects on the car? Perhaps not right away, but would softer bushings wear out faster, or make the car feel sloppy? I'm just curious if buying a 2015 will have any adverse effects over the 2014, even if minor.
Wear rate of the bushing isn't directly tied to stiffness. For a bushing, you can change torsional stiffness, rotational stiffness, and conical stiffness all together or independantly depending on the design. It is unknown which was changed on the 2015. It could be a durameter change to transmit less NVH into the cabin. A softer bushing is more compliant, which means it will move more under load than a stiffer one. For those searching for ultimate lap times, the stock rubber bushings, regardless of year, are way too soft. The compliance makes the car less sharp in handling, but gives more warning of loss of traction. For guys good enought to feel the difference of a single PSI change in the tires, they will be able to pick up the bushing differences between the cars. The rest of us won't be able to. If you were dead set of building an all out race car, you would be getting rid of the rubber bushings for urethane or solid steel. As reference, the initial source for the bushing information came from a professional race car driver and one that I have no doubt could tell the difference. For the occasional weekend autocrosser, once a year open track driver, and spirited street driver, our skills aren't honed enough to tell the difference. I probably reduced the handling of my ST more by changing tires than the factory did by changing bushings.

Thank you guys! Very helpful! Hopefully the slight changes to the bushings won't make a noticeable difference between the two years (softer front control arm and rear twist beam as BRGT350 states). I finally got to sit in a Fiesta ST this past weekend, but unfortunately the dealer was way too busy, so I postponed a test drive. I did, however, get to sit in it for a good 45 minutes. I'll make a separate thread about my findings. So all in all, hopefully the 2015 will handle just as amazing as the 2014 model :). I don't plan on tracking it, but I would like to occasionally push the car. That's why we like the ST model [coolsmile].

kevinatfms

2015 here and no rear camera. It states in the owners manual but its not listed in the options on the car's menu nor do i see a camera anywhere on the rear.

I don't plan on tracking it, but I would like to occasionally push the car. That's why we like the ST model [coolsmile].
Please be careful with that...This car's limits are high enough that "pushing it" is a very dangerous and high-risk activity on the street. A trackday or ST Academy would be VERY beneficial!

[MENTION=2039]contourious[/MENTION] ^^^ Good thing the ST comes only with a stick. Please do note that pushing the car can send unburnt fuel down the exhaust system and damage the catalytic converter. It would be better to jump start it. Although, that can sometimes damage some electrical components.

You walked right into that one. [chair][wrenchin][hihi][screwy]

It looks like the rear view camera is available on the Titanium model only. Sure wish the ST had one, along with an auto-dimming mirror.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=2039]contourious[/MENTION] ^^^ Good thing the ST comes only with a stick. Please do note that pushing the car can send unburnt fuel down the exhaust system and damage the catalytic converter. It would be better to jump start it. Although, that can sometimes damage some electrical components.

You walked right into that one. [chair][wrenchin][hihi][screwy]
Huh? I am not sure if you are being sarcastic about the term "pushing it" or thinking somebody is actually pushing a car in terms of roll starting it.

Huh? I am not sure if you are being sarcastic about the term "pushing it" or thinking somebody is actually pushing a car in terms of roll starting it.
[video=youtube;vCadcBR95oU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU[/video]

haha well played! Did you guys see the Geico commercial about 2 months ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8A0EGnhvfI

Please be careful with that...This car's limits are high enough that "pushing it" is a very dangerous and high-risk activity on the street.
That is exciting to know. I actually test drove an ST for the first time this past weekend. I didn't explore the car's power too much (being that it was a test drive, and that the car wasn't properly broken in yet), but I definitely felt room for improvement. With most likely summer tires, and below freezing temps, the car had zero issues with handling/traction. This actually somewhat disappointed me lol. However, I think the truncated stock tune keeps the car very safe, which will be a good thing while I get accustomed to it. I'll be staying stock for quite awhile before any mods are done. Cobb vs Mountune, now that's a discussion for another day [:p].