Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any Mazda Speed fans out there?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They need to bring out an updated 323GTX type car, light, and with a real manual gearbox.

Of course, we would be the ONLY ones in this country in the market for something like that, so it will not happen. [mad] [:(]

They need to bring out an updated 323GTX type car, light, and with a real manual gearbox.

Of course, we would be the ONLY ones in this country in the market for something like that, so it will not happen. [mad] [:(]
Never know Mazda could be the crazy car company that would do it. I'd really if they would revive the rotory cars but put a decent turbo on it. But with as much of a flop as the rx8 was I doupt the romurs of them bringing it back are true. I can dream tho.

I saw something about Mazda making a turbo 3 next year. Interested in seeing how that comes out.
Yeah, will be AWD but automatic only. Will have the same 2,5 turbo that's in the 6 and CX-5. Should produce around 210-250 hp and 310 lb-ft torque depending on the gas you use.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Honestly I don't care about it being a automatic only. My Wife is never going to be comfortable driving a manual and she's only 5 feet tall so that makes it even more difficult. I have my Fiesta and I'm keeping it forever.

I love the fact they're going to put the turbo engine in the all-wheel drive is a big plus for some people and I'll explain that a little bit.
While it is definitely true a 2 wheel drive vehicle with good snow tires will outperform a all wheel drive vehicle with regular all seasons tires, but many people live in areas that get very little winter weather. When they do and they still have to go to work having all wheel drive can help with confidence, by not getting stuck in their driveway. Doesn't help you stop doesn't help with turning, but prevents you from getting stuck on a hill.
Of course I didn't mention all-weather tires a all season tire that performs much better than a regular all-season tire in the snow, but still does great during hot dry conditions. A all wheel drive vehicle equipped with all-weather tires will do very well in the snow.

My Wife is from upstate New York and she goes up there every other Christmas we typically rent a vehicle with all-wheel drive rentals don't come with snow tires but it's definitely better than driving a 2 wheel drive vehicle with all seasons. Not going to buy snow tires to drive to New York every other year.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
While it is definitely true a 2 wheel drive vehicle with good snow tires will outperform a all wheel drive vehicle with regular all seasons tires, but many people live in areas that get very little winter weather. When they do and they still have to go to work having all wheel drive can help with confidence, by not getting stuck in their driveway. Doesn't help you stop doesn't help with turning, but prevents you from getting stuck on a hill.
Of course I didn't mention all-weather tires a all season tire that performs much better than a regular all-season tire in the snow, but still does great during hot dry conditions. A all wheel drive vehicle equipped with all-weather tires will do very well in the snow.
AGREED! [thumb]

Also, for those who DO live where actual, real winter tires are MANDATORY, 4 of them, on an AWD vehicle, would be unstoppable, as far as getting going/going uphill/etc., as compared to a 2WD vehicle with those same exact tires on it. [wink]

DoomsdayMelody

Yea which sucks it'll be auto only
Mazda’s automatic is one of the better ones out there. Actually employs a clutch within the torque converter so provided you aren’t trying to crawl the clutch is what transmits power to your transmission from the engine. Not to mention, in the 2017 3 we used to have it’d let you bang on rev limiter in any gear in manual mode, something most Ford autos don’t do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk