Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any way to move the shifter back?

I am finding it impossible to sit comfortably in this car while still reaching the shifter without having to use my fingers to fully extend third. Deadhook is gone so that's not an option. Basically I have the seat up as far as I can get it without being extremely uncomfortable, and the backrest is about 3 clicks reclined so my head isn't constantly in contact with the headrest causing me the slouch forward. In other words the back of the seat is barely reclined and I'm already sitting far up.

What's my options for making the shifter easier to use? I have no problem with any gear besides 1st/3rd/5th where the shifter is just out of reach of my palm and lands on the bottom of my fingertips meaning I'm using my fingers to shift which isn't ideal.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Have you considered a shift kit? That will shorten the throws. It might be enough for you. I recommend the mountune kit.

If that's not enough, you might be able to fabricate something to move the shifter back a bit.

OP
Esoterikk
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I'm looking at both the Whoosh and the Mountune kit atm. they both seem to drastically affect the 2nd/4th/6th throw but only slightly affect the 1st/3rd/5th throw where I am really reaching outwards to shift. I might just get one and try it anyway, it's either that or start sitting like a granny with my tiny arms.

I use an taller piston type knob that gives me some extra reach as I have to have the seat all the way back. Lil longer throw but it hasn't bothered me.