Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone considering getting the new Toyota Supra?

STTom

Premium Account
https://www.yahoo.com/news/review-2020-toyota-supra-worth-100135902.html

"Coming 40 years after the debut of the original Toyota Supra, the new sports car is pretty much everything its fans were hoping for. Journalists who came away from the event were all but uniformly impressed. It's all the more impressive when you consider the $49,990 base price, before the $930 delivery fee, is actually less than what you'd have paid for the previous-generation Supra more than two decades ago.

There will be three versions available, including the "base" Supra 3.0, the 3.0 Premium, at $54,920 and a limited-run Launch Edition, at $56,180. All three share the same powertrain and adaptive suspension system. The Premium adds niceties like an 8.8-inch touchscreen, a head-up display and 12-speaker JBL sound system. And the Launch Edition, limited to 1,500 cars, kicks in red mirror caps, black wheels, a red leather interior and a special, commemorative plaque.

We expect Toyota will sell out the Launch Edition but even company officials are hesitant to predict how the 2020 Supra will fare overall in today's marketplace. As good as this new entry may be, and it completely squashed our skepticism, the sports car market is a shadow of its former glory.

But there are still some buyers who want something unique and exciting, something that delivers the sort of passion you can't find in an SUV or CUV. For them, the 2020 Toyota Supra would be well worth checking out."

The original design concept car looked like a killer. Then they swallowed that car and puked this up. That’s why I souped up my car. There’s not much out there that’ll make me walk with my books in front of my crotch. 🤭

Its a z4 in disguise lol. Poor excuse a lot of the JDM fans are uspet about it. It does not even come in manual. Now its time for Nissan to make a new GTR that will stomp it. Hell the current GTR will stomp it.
BMW stuck their thingy into this hole too
Oh that’s what you were saying. Pardon me sir

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Oh that’s what you were saying. Pardon me sir
Ah ya the Nickname for the GTR is Godzilla its goes back to the R32 Skyline GTR. Which dominated classes in racing and was the first AWD GTR that stomped on cars more expensive. I was a bit confused about your comment and realized you had no knowledge of the nickname which I am a bit surprised about because most car enthusiasts know all about GTR’s and the nickname

it's an interesting case study. The target they built it to fight is the Porsche Cayman but at around $20k less. It's a very misunderstood car by a lot of people shooting from the hip about what the think without much real info. It's got a shorter wheelbase than the FRS/BRZ and a unique platform and transmission tuned without any BMW input. A few journalists have said that Toyota off the record is saying they know everyone wants a manual trans and that what we see today is what was necessary to make the car happen at all. If it can sell then more versions including a manual are sure to come.

So it's a complex situation. For me the corvette is the perfect middle ground between the two and what I would buy. Competition forces innovation and drives prices down so I hope the Supra succeeds.

One last interesting fact is that the old supra and new one both sold for $50k, and that's not inflation adjusted. The new one is likely a faster car on any performance or track tests.