Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

anyone had damage this bad to their fist?

Swerved to avoid a deer and ended up in a ditch last night running over a small tree in the process :cry:. Filed a claim and im really hoping it wont be a total loss. Other than the front bumper and intercooler everything seems totally fine, no leaking fluids etc. IMG_1774.jpg IMG_1773.jpg

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #3
Didn't you just buy this car? That intercooler is toast, but there should be plenty stock IC's laying around and they are easy to replace.
yeah I did. On the third day I had it I had another close call with a deer going about 15 mph. The intercooler is definitely no good im just hoping the frame is ok.

That's a bummer, but I highly doubt you have "totaled damage." Definitely check underneath for damage to under body trays, bent/crushed exhaust tubing. A front bumper/ paint and installation shouldn't be much over 1000 i would think.

I got a stock intercooler I'd sell ya really cheap + shipping.

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #6
That's a bummer, but I highly doubt you have "totaled damage." Definitely check underneath for damage to under body trays, bent/crushed exhaust tubing. A front bumper/ paint and installation shouldn't be much over 1000 i would think.

I got a stock intercooler I'd sell ya really cheap + shipping.
Yeah as far as i could see everything was fine underneath. Thanks for the offer, I got full coverage so everything should be replaced with that but I appreciate the offer.

All good. Some people take the check for the damage, and repair things themselves. I wish the previous owner of my car would have sold me the car before the damage was fixed and just decreased the purchasing price. He got a stock hood bought and painted to match. I would have rather had a carbon hood :-( . O well.

A front bumper along with all the clips/brackets/grills plus paint/labor is WAY over $1k - but at least your insurance should cover it all.
Yeah, I guess it depends on the shop, but I guess I agree with you. The ones that source brand new parts at OEM price, and then lots of places sometimes charge a fairly aggressive percentage over for markup. Definitely don't want the cheapest place doing the repair, and repair shops usually are more aggressive with what needs to be repaired on an insurance claim. I was thinking about the repair charge my previous owner showed me, but the repair shop sourced used but good parts from their salvage supplier and resprayed items to match. That reduced the cost substantially from what it could have been.

Man, I hate that for ya. Worries me more now that itā€™s starting to get dark sooner and I drive an hour to work . But yeah definitely check your intercooler hot side and cold side connections and where the intercooler bolts to the bottom of the radiator support. Thereā€™s a probability it could have cracked if the impact pushed it back enough. Thereā€™s a chance it didnā€™t since itā€™s just the lightweight stock unit,(unless Iā€™m just blind) but itā€™s always good to check just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
IMG_20210406_121353829.jpg
This is from when I hit a deer. $4000+ in damage, but my insurance paid for it and the car wasn't totalled.

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #12
Man, I hate that for ya. Worries me more now that itā€™s starting to get dark sooner and I drive an hour to work . But yeah definitely check your intercooler hot side and cold side connections and where the intercooler bolts to the bottom of the radiator support. Thereā€™s a probability it could have cracked if the impact pushed it back enough. Thereā€™s a chance it didnā€™t since itā€™s just the lightweight stock unit,(unless Iā€™m just blind) but itā€™s always good to check just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sadly I cant raise it up to get under it myself right now. Just gonna have to wait for the insurance to get it into the shop. hopefully the radiator is good

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
this makes me hopeful. my bumper and lights are fine so it shouldnt even be close to how much your insurance had to pay.
They replaced my front bumper cover, right front fender, hood, headlight, and some internal parts, and touched up the passenger side door. Your's doesn't look like as much, so I feel like your insurance should definitely fix it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJoYVUL6ZI

Here's the dashcam footage of my little incident

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
^^^DAMN! Are those things totally indestructible?!?

Although, it could have croaked later on from internal injuries/bleeding.
I pick them up at work. If they get hit by a tractor trailer they turn into hamburger meat. Most cars do very little if any external damage. Internal damage completely different story. I always hope they get hit in the neck so the suffering is very minimal. Accidents happen and sometimes there's nothing you can do, but a lot of the deer I pick up are from people not paying attention and driving too fast.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts