Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone had experience with the new magnaflow xmod mufflers?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Magnaflow, and a couple of other manufacturers, have started releasing mufflers with built in helmholtz or quarter wave resonators. Previously these were usually only on purpose built exhaust systems, but it's interesting to see adoption of the acoustic technology.

In the past I would have been an early adopter and built exhaust system number 5 around one of these mufflers, but after my last round of surgeries its just not happening... but it doesn't stop me from being curious!

Has anyone used/worked with one yet? I'm currently back on stock exhaust (though my stock system is put together with vband clamps since I was swapping exhausts so often). I was thinking about maybe getting a rear section made, also with vband, so I could swap it on and off... Man, I was going to get rid of the FiST a while back but it's still here so I just keep driving it lol.