Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

anyone have experience with the peron gtx2860r or 25-550 kits?

ronmcdon

curious to know anyone have experience with them in terms of reliability, response, issues to look out for. Found some info on the gtx2860r users here but not on the Peron kit.

thanks in advance

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
curious to know anyone have experience with them in terms of reliability, response, issues to look out for. Found some info on the gtx2860r users here but not on the Peron kit.

thanks in advance
I currently have a Gen2 GTX2860R kit from DHM very similar to those of peron. Quality is second to none its why these kits costed 4k-6k new. They are the End all be all kits for Fiestas in Garrett world. Peron or DHM are very well built. All use vband clamps to hold them together. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #3
good to know! how reliable has been the kit and did it meet your expectations in terms of performance. have always wondered how well the car handles more power and if theres sufficient traction even with lsd to handle above 300whp

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #4
good to know! how reliable has been the kit and did it meet your expectations in terms of performance. have always wondered how well the car handles more power and if theres sufficient traction even with lsd to handle above 300whp

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I still don't have an LSD which will be my next major endeavor. I just had my Tuner limit my Boost and Torque in 1st and 2nd gear to save my tires and drivetrain. I haven't installed my DHM kit yet and I am still running my ATP gen2 Gtx2860r Kit.

Last edited:

slopoke

If I had the money at the time I went with the Gen II GTX2860R turbo, I'd of gone the Peron route. The torque comes in like stock, not so much with the ATP Gen II GTX2860R. The top dyno graph is for the Peron, the second one is mine with the Gen II GTX2860R turbo. Big difference in torque peak.

Your location says that you are in CA, just keep in mind that any turbo kit other than a hybrid, won't pass the smog visual.

perondyno_1024x1024.jpg

dynorunShare_0.png

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #7
I still don't have an LSD which will be my next major endeavor. I just had my Tuner limit my Boost and Torque in 1st and 2nd gear to save my tires and drivetrain. I haven't installed my DHM kit yet and I am still running my ATP gen2 Gtx2860r Kit.

what's holding you back from installing the dhm kit? What gains would you see from upgrading from the atp to the dhm? assuming both kits are running the gtx2860r must have been a sizeable investment to get the dhm after the atp. more tempted to get the 2860r kit. 25-550 kit maybe is risky without built internals. with that much power not sure how much of it would be usable.

yes i'd imagine an lsd would be a beneficial part to add on and hope to install a wavetrack next year. Not sure what other parts other than sticky tires that would increase traction.

Slopoke - thanks for dyno graph. unless im mistaken seems like it spools lot quicker than atp kit. should be versatile and fun as street and hdpe car if there's enough traction I imagine.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
what's holding you back from installing the dhm kit? What gains would you see from upgrading from the atp to the dhm? assuming both kits are running the gtx2860r must have been a sizeable investment to get the dhm after the atp. more tempted to get the 2860r kit. 25-550 kit maybe is risky without built internals. with that much power not sure how much of it would be usable.

yes i'd imagine an lsd would be a beneficial part to add on and hope to install a wavetrack next year. Not sure what other parts other than sticky tires that would increase traction.

Slopoke - thanks for dyno graph. unless im mistaken seems like it spools lot quicker than atp kit. should be versatile and fun as street and hdpe car if there's enough traction I imagine.
Just bought it.....I have to get it all ceramic coated by my guys. I got it because it was a good deal. Spool will be different and power will come on sooner. I'm all about saving my drivetrain* so the ATP kit doesn't bother me. I love rolling into it on an on ramp onto the highway. It will be up forsale soon..ATP GEN2 GTX2860R.Tial BOV....with a Ported stock manifold and machined ATP adapter with a Whoosh high flow cat also. Im thinking $1600-1700 for it all. I was going to buy a ebay Tubular manifold for it ....but the DHM kit came up. Plus I already have the Sourskittle ported Stock manifold and ATP ADAPTER. Keep an eye out for it....it will be soon!

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #9
Ha yes thought of getting my manifold and dp ceramic coated as well, but more nervous about getting the turbo parts done. Was this the kit on sale from Whoosh? Yeah hope you can keep us updated with how that kit works out for you.

I actually installed the same DHM kit he’s talking about back at the end of October. I love it. I’m still on stock fueling with 93, but it pulls hard from like 3500 rpm (maybe less) all the way to redline. Mine is also all ceramic coated.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ha yes thought of getting my manifold and dp ceramic coated as well, but more nervous about getting the turbo parts done. Was this the kit on sale from Whoosh? Yeah hope you can keep us updated with how that kit works out for you.
No...mine was bought from a member. But I know of the person who bought the DHM kit off Ron. I also heard he doesn't feel he needs Aux fuel...Which is good that it feels that awesome without it..but things change with time. I have 4 port Stratified Aux fuel currently. I have thought about injectors also...but I'm waiting for longevity data from the people who are doing them to see what happens. I will do a How to/ DIY most likely also. Good luck! If you have any questions you can always Pm me!

No...mine was bought from a member. But I know of the person who bought the DHM kit off Ron. Said he doesn't feel he needs Aux fuel....but things change with time. I have 4 port Stratified Aux fuel currently. I have thought about injectors also...but I'm waiting for longevity data from the people who are doing them to see what happens. I will do a How to/ DIY most likely also. Good luck! If you have any questions you can always Pm me!

I was the one who bought the kit off Ron back in October lol. I do wanna do fuel upgrades eventually more than likely, but money isn’t there for it right now as I just bought the kit a couple months ago.

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #13
I actually installed the same DHM kit he’s talking about back at the end of October. I love it. I’m still on stock fueling with 93, but it pulls hard from like 3500 rpm (maybe less) all the way to redline. Mine is also all ceramic coated.
looks awesome and glad it spools fast! what results are you getting in terms of dyno on 93 and stock fuel? I don't mind upgrading to the person 4 port aux fuel but stuck with tragic 91 gas here.

OP
ronmcdon

ronmcdon

Thread Starter #14
No...mine was bought from a member. But I know of the person who bought the DHM kit off Ron. I also heard he doesn't feel he needs Aux fuel...Which is good that it feels that awesome without it..but things change with time. I have 4 port Stratified Aux fuel currently. I have thought about injectors also...but I'm waiting for longevity data from the people who are doing them to see what happens. I will do a How to/ DIY most likely also. Good luck! If you have any questions you can always Pm me!

Many thanks! Yes hope you keep us updated!

looks awesome and glad it spools fast! what results are you getting in terms of dyno on 93 and stock fuel? I don't mind upgrading to the person 4 port aux fuel but stuck with tragic 91 gas here.
I haven’t dyno’d it yet, but it’s maxing the stock fuel system which should put it around 290-300whp. I have some ethanol around locally, but it’s already maxing the fuel system on 93, so until I upgrade that, I’m stuck on 93