Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

anyone know how to disable upshit light/seatbelt beeping?

that thing is driving me insane. no, i dont want 5th gear at 36mph, sorry, i dont need sixth in a 40mph zone. leave me alone! anyone got any ideas?? and the seatbelt thing, i know it stops after five minutes but if there was a way to just disable it all together that would be awesome [wrenchin]

Harvick

1000 Post Club
The Shift Indicator probably can't be disabled, but here's how to disable the seatbelt minder.

The system can be deactivated or activated by performing the following procedure:

Before following the procedure, make sure that:
  • the parking brake is set
  • the transmission selector in N (manual transmission)
  • the ignition is off
  • the driver and front passenger safety belts are unbuckled.

1. Turn the ignition on. Do not start the vehicle.
  2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (about one minute). After Step 2, wait an additional five seconds before proceeding with Step 3. Once Step 3 is started, the procedure must be completed within 30 seconds.
  3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times at a moderate speed, ending in the unbuckled state. After Step 3, the safety belt warning light will turn on.
  4. While the safety belt warning light is on, buckle and then unbuckle the safety belt. After Step 4, the safety belt warning light will flash for confirmation.

OP
spoolinst
Thread Starter #3
awesome good info man, im gona print that out and bring it with me, i cant stand that beeping

iso100

1000 Post Club
and the seatbelt thing, i know it stops after five minutes but if there was a way to just disable it all together that would be awesome [wrenchin]
Yikes. Do you commonly drive without a seatbelt?

I can't even move my car from one side of the lot to the other without putting it on. Feels weird.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
You can disable or even change when the shift light comes on per gear via Accesstuner Race software.

That was one of the first things I did. Annoying lil' guy.

TheStig

Thats like saying i didnt drowned because a shark attacked me but i got lucky since it released me at the surface.

Same with people who would say that helmets kill people, I survived SEVERAL bad off-road accidents because of a helmet.

This is a wear your seat belt because?
1. There is evidence (plenty) that seat belts save lives (Einstein here)
2. There are those that belive that the day you wear a seat belt and they find themselves in an accident they won't make it alive.
3. And then there are the cops.

A very close friend of mine was in a car accident (not wearing a seat belt) and was thrown out of the car. The car went on to hit a tree and had he been in his seat not doubt he would have been killed.

I don't let anyone in my car if they don't properly use their seat belt.

Every time my best friend and I have to go somewhere he takes his car and I take mine.

I can't force him to do what he strongly opposes to.

But hey, seat belts save lives, don't you think your best friend needs to learn tl use his seat belt?
You probably haven't seen someone so severely anxious about been asked to do something they don't want to.

It is called PTSD... I don't know the OP this is just about my friend.

So back off!

the duke

I hate that damn upshift light. If it was adjustable like my old STi, i'd love it. I don't mind it's there, it's the fact I can't turn if off.

TheStig

My uncle owns a towing company and has for over 30 years, ive been on MANY calls with him.

Want to know how many of them the paramedics said "well if they wouldnt have had the seat belt on, they'd be alive", none, exactly zero.

Care to guess how many would have lived IF they had a seat belt on?

I cant make anyone do anything, but ill do my best to try reasoning with you. Its a 1 in 1 million situation that having a seat belt on may doom you (IE car goes into a lake, you need to bail, etc).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I hate that damn upshift light. If it was adjustable like my old STi, i'd love it. I don't mind it's there, it's the fact I can't turn if off.
From post #5:

You can disable or even change when the shift light comes on per gear via Accesstuner Race software.

That was one of the first things I did. Annoying lil' guy.

One sure way to stop the upshift light is to Drive it Like you Stole it, as in just keep it floored. BTW, do this often enough and you may hear a voice yelling from under the hood. If so what you will hear is "SHIFT DAMMIT".

I will also note that only a fool avoids wearing a seat belt. Because I've been around long enough to know that it's only about 0.02% of the driving population who were actually in an accident where not wearing a seat belt saved them. For the other 99.92% of the driving population wearing a seat belt has been well proven to reduce injuries and save lives.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If your mind is not strong enough to ignore the up-shift light.
You could put a small piece of black electrical tape over it.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
This is a wear your seat belt because?
1. There is evidence (plenty) that seat belts save lives (Einstein here)
2. There are those that belive that the day you wear a seat belt and they find themselves in an accident they won't make it alive.
3. And then there are the cops.

A very close friend of mine was in a car accident (not wearing a seat belt) and was thrown out of the car. The car went on to hit a tree and had he been in his seat not doubt he would have been killed.

I don't let anyone in my car if they don't properly use their seat belt.

Every time my best friend and I have to go somewhere he takes his car and I take mine.

I can't force him to do what he strongly opposes to.

But hey, seat belts save lives, don't you think your best friend needs to learn tl use his seat belt?
You probably haven't seen someone so severely anxious about been asked to do something they don't want to.

It is called PTSD... I don't know the OP this is just about my friend.

So back off!
This isn't a political message, it doesn't lean in either direction, so please don't take it there. This isn't for or against socialized healthcare.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if we do get socialized healthcare. Should tax money be allocated to save someone that chose not to wear their seatbelt in the event of an accident? It'll likely lead to some really interesting discussions at the very least. I know everyone's afraid of "death panels", but honestly, if the public has to fund others' healthcare, I'd imagine it comes down to a vote. Smoking = no coverage for related disorders? Not wearing a seatbelt = no coverage for accident injuries? Either fo those happening means there's precedent to start denying coverage based on factors like, sun exposure, eating cured meat, etc.

To OP - I don't agree with not wearing a seatbelt, and your personal belief that you survived due to *not* wearing one is an anomalous and statistically insignificant occurrence, but people will do what they will do - that aside, I wouldn't post about it if I were you, as you'll get bombed on by everyone, in perpetuity, every time someone reads this thread long into the future.