Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone Know of Any Custom Front Splitters

I've seen about 3 cars in the last 6 months that have these custom front splitters/canards where the splitter goes up from the side. Anyone know of anyone who does these? Kinda like these

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
If you want a functional chassis mounted splitter you’ll need to fabricate a mount and build the splitter. I used 10mm Alumalite first but switched to 1/2” birch plywood because it’s stiffer. No one makes a bolt on chassis mounted splitter for this car.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #6
If you want a functional chassis mounted splitter you’ll need to fabricate a mount and build the splitter. I used 10mm Alumalite first but switched to 1/2” birch plywood because it’s stiffer. No one makes a bolt on chassis mounted splitter for this car.
That I pretty muched guessed. When I first looked into the FiST pretty much everyone was ignoring it for it's bigger brother the Focus ST/RS. I'm glad it's getting more love now but it still sucks to have limited options.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
That I pretty muched guessed. When I first looked into the FiST pretty much everyone was ignoring it for it's bigger brother the Focus ST/RS. I'm glad it's getting more love now but it still sucks to have limited options.
One of the appealing aspects of this platform is its uniqueness. It requires us to think instead of click/buy. Kinda old school and I appreciate that.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #8
One of the appealing aspects of this platform is its uniqueness. It requires us to think instead of click/buy. Kinda old school and I appreciate that.
yea it's kind of a love/hate thing for me. I hate that options are limited because the USDM loves trucks and SUVs more but I love how when you finally get that one part that makes the FiST yours, it's uniquely yours.

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #11
I see the Focus but no Fiesta. Do you have one of theirs? If so I will have NineLivesRacing build splitters for the Fiesta.
Nice! I'm still just browsing for aero just to get a feel for what I want the car to look like/perform.

1619639011143.png
Do you think they can build something like this?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I see the Focus but no Fiesta. Do you have one of theirs? If so I will have NineLivesRacing build splitters for the Fiesta.
I believe that it was a one-off but they're ok to make more. I don't have one - I think that I'm going to just build a bracket to mount my existing Vega splitter to the crash bar. PITA w/o a lift, though..

Attachments

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Nice! I'm still just browsing for aero just to get a feel for what I want the car to look like/perform.

View attachment 40171
Do you think they can build something like this?
They can make anything but the back log is several months. You'd be waiting awhile for a custom design from NineLives. I'm in queue for a custom splitter but he's just taking my design and digitizing it so we can cut splitters for my car as needed. It is extremely expensive. I'm only doing it for convenience. I've cut four myself and it's easy but time consuming.

I don't use splitter rods even with a 5" splitter. Splitter rods can be a pain in the ass (when mounted correctly) and I wanted to avoid them. My chassis mount/air dam combo has 19 points of attachment and doesn't flex. I can shim the attack angle with washers. When we were building my kit, I picked up a set of rods from https://professionalawesome.com/ just in case but I haven't needed them with the 1/2" birch plywood splitters. Alumalite would benefit from rods though because it porpoises somewhere over 100mph. Professional Awesome can build custom aero too if they are closer to you. I use NineLives because they are here in ATL. All that said, if I go off track I'll probably break my bumper due to the rigidity of my kit. Some drivers prefer the vertical flex of carbon laminated splitters and flexible rods. I just try not to hit shit. Time will tell..

If someone made a chassis mount it would be worth my investment in developing the best class-appropriate splitter design with NineLives that would likely cost around $300-$400. The chassis mount is more complex because of the various mods different cars have. You also can't run an off-the-shelf traction bar because they interfere with the trailing edge of the splitter. In my opinion, that bar is necessary so I modified an existing one I had and it works well. I have an idea that would work for just about everyone, but no need to develop it at this point. It would be significantly more expensive than the plastic cosmetic mods that 99% of Fiesta owners want too.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
They can make anything but the back log is several months. You'd be waiting awhile for a custom design from NineLives. I'm in queue for a custom splitter but he's just taking my design and digitizing it so we can cut splitters for my car as needed. It is extremely expensive. I'm only doing it for convenience. I've cut four myself and it's easy but time consuming.

I don't use splitter rods even with a 5" splitter. Splitter rods can be a pain in the ass (when mounted correctly) and I wanted to avoid them. My chassis mount/air dam combo has 19 points of attachment and doesn't flex. I can shim the attack angle with washers. When we were building my kit, I picked up a set of rods from https://professionalawesome.com/ just in case but I haven't needed them with the 1/2" birch plywood splitters. Alumalite would benefit from rods though because it porpoises somewhere over 100mph. Professional Awesome can build custom aero too if they are closer to you. I use NineLives because they are here in ATL. All that said, if I go off track I'll probably break my bumper due to the rigidity of my kit. Some drivers prefer the vertical flex of carbon laminated splitters and flexible rods. I just try not to hit shit. Time will tell..

If someone made a chassis mount it would be worth my investment in developing the best class-appropriate splitter design with NineLives that would likely cost around $300-$400. The chassis mount is more complex because of the various mods different cars have. You also can't run an off-the-shelf traction bar because they interfere with the trailing edge of the splitter. In my opinion, that bar is necessary so I modified an existing one I had and it works well. I have an idea that would work for just about everyone, but no need to develop it at this point. It would be significantly more expensive than the plastic cosmetic mods that 99% of Fiesta owners want too.
Yo dawg let me get a piece of that functional splitter action. Any connections up in the northeast?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yo dawg let me get a piece of that functional splitter action. Any connections up in the northeast?
Sorry man. I don’t know any fabricators up there. I ended up creating my own templates and cut them by hand out of birch plywood. It’s cheap and easy.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Sorry man. I don’t know any fabricators up there. I ended up creating my own templates and cut them by hand out of birch plywood. It’s cheap and easy.
Yeah I think I'll tackle that this winter. I'm blessed with about 6 months of "off season" where I can mess around with this stuff. Any tips/pictures of mounting points?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yeah I think I'll tackle that this winter. I'm blessed with about 6 months of "off season" where I can mess around with this stuff. Any tips/pictures of mounting points?
You can zoom in and see the rivnuts on the mount and the airdam. The chassis mount used the crash bar bolts and we welded a plate/nut inside a hole in the chassis behind the crashbar mounting points. You’ll see it when you look under your car. There’s a hole on each side that made it convenient. 46819410-7A55-4BEB-89D1-7C6242158C85.jpeg F0FCEA34-10A2-487B-A482-E4B98E4250BF.jpeg D6478F54-7B59-4CB1-8467-FE03DCF537AB.jpeg 6CA363B3-187C-4567-9A87-974C3FBF2C54.jpeg

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I also cut and raised that TB Performance bar. I seriously miss my Pierce 6 point so I’m going to build a custom brace based on that design this winter.