Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone Know of Any Custom Front Splitters

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
The thing with aero upgrades is that unless your hitting speeds over 100mph their effect is minimal at best, they look cool, gives it that race car look. The only way to to get aero that works is to do a lot of wind tunnel testing, and your talking really big money. I highly doubt that any of the companies that sell aero for our cars have done any R&D. They most likely copied JDM parts and adapted them to fit the Fiesta platform. Most likely the best aero for any street car is hood vents. They let the trapped air out so it is not pushing on a flat hood panel and they also let the heat out so the engine bay stays cooler.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I talked to Graham Rahal Performance here in Indy a while ago about something like this. They'll build anything you want and do a damn good job, but they're unbelievably expensive.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My R&D is done at Road Atlanta. I wish I had wind tunnel access! Aero sucks on the street. It hits the ground and kills fuel economy. Car guys get offended by it too.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The thing with aero upgrades is that unless your hitting speeds over 100mph their effect is minimal at best, they look cool, gives it that race car look. The only way to to get aero that works is to do a lot of wind tunnel testing, and your talking really big money. I highly doubt that any of the companies that sell aero for our cars have done any R&D. They most likely copied JDM parts and adapted them to fit the Fiesta platform. Most likely the best aero for any street car is hood vents. They let the trapped air out so it is not pushing on a flat hood panel and they also let the heat out so the engine bay stays cooler.
No one makes functional aero for this car.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
My R&D is done at Road Atlanta. I wish I had wind tunnel access! Aero sucks on the street. It hits the ground and kills fuel economy. Car guys get offended by it too.
I've been a car guy for 46 years, I could care less what people do to their car, it's personal preference. Unless someone asks a direct question I keep my opinions to myself. The fact their car looks like ass I keep it to myself. Do what you want to do at your own risk. LOL

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I've been a car guy for 46 years, I could care less what people do to their car, it's personal preference. Unless someone asks a direct question I keep my opinions to myself. The fact their car looks like ass I keep it to myself. Do what you want to do at your own risk. LOL
Cool man. I appreciate your opinion but indeed will continue to shit on my car. ✌🏼

Ford Community Posts