Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Coil Overs with the Pierce Motorsports Torsion bar?

I've been throwing around ideas of how I'm going to lower my car. I already have the full Pierce Motorsports street kit (torsion bar, 2 pt front brace and strut bar) and the rear trunk brace. Im considering which coilovers to get but I read that someone had problems when lowering the car with bc coilovers and getting a clunking noise from the rear torsion bar hitting something in the rear. I'm not looking to lower the car much but yet just doing the coils to get some more adjustability in the suspension to cater it the way I want it.

I have Bilstein PSS with the 6 pt torsion bar, trunk brace, and midship brace.
I don't get any clunking noise from the rear but when I first installed it, I needed to file the hole where the nut on the rear shock mount goes into the chassis.
The bilstein's are a bit thicker and it made the most annoying squeaking sound. Interestingly despite the nuts being the same size, I only had this issue on the right side.
Easy enough fix though.

My car runs stock height on the PSS (front coil set to the very top) so I don't scrape any more than it did from the factory

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I run the Pierce rear bar with MR coils. The only clunk I ever got in relation to the bar is when I first installed it. Without torque specs I left it snug so as not to over torque. It worked itself loose. Tightened it up and it's been good since

OP
AntTrain
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I am specifically looking at getting the bc coil overs. Anyone running them with the bar? Or does it even matter, will all coilovers be the same in relation to the bar?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah all coils in the rear are going to be a shock with a separate adjustable spring perch. In fact, the BC shock is dam near identical to the MR I'm running.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My rear end thunks over the hard stuff sometimes. But it also did totally stock and when I was runnin Konis. Don't have any clue why but nothing has ever been loose. I just ignore it nowadays. It's not obtrusive or even that frequent.