Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running these on one a stock or hybrid turbo?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
OP
P
Thread Starter #4
Definitely shall try it out when the time comes to order my x47r, which should be in about 3 weeks. I`ll post my thoughts on here.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I saw that the other day...if I were doing it all over I might add it but at this point I wouldn't take everything apart just to put this peice on. I mean it's actually not that much work now that I think about it but meh....the restriction is still there, IMHO it's doing the same thing all the induction mods with greater diameter do - bring more air only to choke it at the turbo. Actually I wonder if this is inferior to the elbow previously offered because it looks like a far less gradual reduction and we all know that's not good. Still it is a beautiful piece. In terms of noise the Puma website actually says you get more noise, not less. Or maybe just different noise...less high pitch more chatter. What is induction chatter anyway?

QUOTE: "More Induction noise and chatter."

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
If it gets rid of the x-47 whistle I just may have to get one. I would be perfectly OK with more overall noise, that whistle though... <shudder>

Woods247

2000 Post Club
yes I have a customer running one on one of the whoosh hybrid turbos
no reported huge gain in horsepower but the high pitched intake noise that comes from the large bore inlet + hyrbid pulling tons of air does go away with this billet adapter + silicone hose combo
it's pretty nice actually
You just made my day! It's worth it for the whistle alone haha!

jeff

2000 Post Club
If it gets rid of the x-47 whistle I just may have to get one. I would be perfectly OK with more overall noise, that whistle though... <shudder>
You just made my day! It's worth it for the whistle alone haha!
I'm on stock airbox and the whistle is almost unnoticeable. I don't even think about it, I only notice it there if I have my windows down. When I had the CP-E intake the whistle was unbearable, after 6 months of that I swapped to a RAMAIR setup with stock airbox and hardly any whistle. FWIW the new setup has the same airflow (about 31 lbs) as the CP-E did....on the dyno I removed my panel filter for one of the runs and the car only gained 0.5 hp...ā€¦

Having said that again I'd get this product if I were installing it all but at this point I think the money is better spent on something that might bring more gains like the Pumaspeed uprated pulley...

I'm on stock airbox and the whistle is almost unnoticeable. I don't even think about it, I only notice it there if I have my windows down. When I had the CP-E intake the whistle was unbearable, after 6 months of that I swapped to a RAMAIR setup with stock airbox and hardly any whistle. FWIW the new setup has the same airflow (about 31 lbs) as the CP-E did....on the dyno I removed my panel filter for one of the runs and the car only gained 0.5 hp...ā€¦

Having said that again I'd get this product if I were installing it all but at this point I think the money is better spent on something that might bring more gains like the Pumaspeed uprated pulley...
Pulling up an old thread here, but when you say RAMAIR setup do you just mean their airbox filter? In the same situation right now seeing what my options are - what are you running currently?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Check my build thread for a full list of intake mods, in my sig below. Post #1.

Check my build thread for a full list of intake mods, in my sig below. Post #1.
Looks pretty similar to mine, though with Whoosh parts instead of RAMAIR. Whistle is still noticable though. May try swapping my green filter for the RAMAIR one as it looks more sound deadening.

Your Whoosh J-Pipe/charge pipe kit likely doesn't effect the sound, right?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Looks pretty similar to mine, though with Whoosh parts instead of RAMAIR. Whistle is still noticable though. May try swapping my green filter for the RAMAIR one as it looks more sound deadening.

Your Whoosh J-Pipe/charge pipe kit likely doesn't effect the sound, right?
Hmmm....do you have the X47 like me or another turbo? The whistle is there but just barely....I have forgotten about it's so subtle. Don't know that a filter would make a difference. If you have stock airbox you should have similar volume as me.

The J-pipe and charge pipes....just a bit more noise but not much...here's a link to my review from back in the day maybe I mentioned more about it there:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/review-whoosh-intercooler-charge-pipe-kit.19343/#post-337594

AND

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1RdW5mBNY&ab_channel=gray25xt

Hmmm....do you have the X47 like me or another turbo? The whistle is there but just barely....I have forgotten about it's so subtle. Don't know that a filter would make a difference. If you have stock airbox you should have similar volume as me.

The J-pipe and charge pipes....just a bit more noise but not much...here's a link to my review from back in the day maybe I mentioned more about it there:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/review-whoosh-intercooler-charge-pipe-kit.19343/#post-337594

AND

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1RdW5mBNY&ab_channel=gray25xt
X37 so maybe it's just more pronounced. Maybe my ears are just more sensitive to that pitch too - it's really not that bad anyways.

And I've seen that video! Went through all your stuff before buying my car, great content.