Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone sell a modified car to Carvana?

DangerMouse

Looks like my run with the fist is over. Planned on keeping it forever but looks like that isn’t going to happen. Hopefully I can buy another one in a couple years. I plan on removing as much as I can but leaving suspension, dp, exhaust, fmic, hybrid turbo oh and accessport. I know it’s a ton to leave on the car but I’m in a bind and stupidly got rid of all the stock parts, again thinking I was keeping the car. If I can find a stock turbo and intercooler, i might take those off but time is an issue. At least Carvana prices are up and we can survive with one car for the time being. Anyone have any experience with them and mods especially a hybrid or upgraded turbo? Whoever buys it from them will be in for quite the surprise hahaha.

Not sure what you are going through financially, but if you plan on buying another one in two years, it would be best to hang on to what you have now. Good luck either way and hope all works out for you

Dpro

6000 Post Club
hmmm I definitely would not let the car go with a non stock turbo. Also if you don’t mind me asking? What could you have possibly done that would require 15-16k or more immediately? Thats like loan shark shit. Or unless you still owe hella on it and you just want out from under to lower your overall expenses.

Looks like my run with the fist is over. Planned on keeping it forever but looks like that isn’t going to happen. Hopefully I can buy another one in a couple years. I plan on removing as much as I can but leaving suspension, dp, exhaust, fmic, hybrid turbo oh and accessport. I know it’s a ton to leave on the car but I’m in a bind and stupidly got rid of all the stock parts, again thinking I was keeping the car. If I can find a stock turbo and intercooler, i might take those off but time is an issue. At least Carvana prices are up and we can survive with one car for the time being. Anyone have any experience with them and mods especially a hybrid or upgraded turbo? Whoever buys it from them will be in for quite the surprise hahaha.
if you were in Pa then we could have swapped parts lol

Do you mind me asking how much Carvana offered for it? Also, do you have a mod thread detailing what's on the car?

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #7
hmmm I definitely would not let the car go with a non stock turbo. Also if you don’t mind me asking? What could you have possibly done that would require 15-16k or more immediately? Thats like loan shark shit. Or unless you still owe hella on it and you just want out from under to lower your overall expenses.
Covid/chip shortage. I work for an auto manufacturer and they are cutting shifts and I am one of them. I will be back eventually and hopefully beginning of next year, but i don’t know for sure. Could be longer. I may be over reacting a little, since i just got the news. I could keep it and just sell off all the parts i’ve been stock piling up along with some miscellaneous things on the car that aren’t needed. It would be nice to not have a car payment at the moment. One less thing to worry about. The only reason I’m considering it is because Carvana is paying good money right now and if i do want another one in a couple years, I would like a different color and without a sunroof. I’m a little all over the place right now and not sure what to do.

Do you mind me asking how much Carvana offered for it? Also, do you have a mod thread detailing what's on the car?
A year ago they offered $12,000 now it’s $13,600. 2016 w/recaro, sunroof, 35k miles.
I don’t have a build thread. Whoosh hybrid, Mountune intake and hoses, whoosh fmic, mountune dp, thermal exhaust, Koni orange, swift springs, coolerworx, Airtec hot side and turbo inlet, Turbosmart wg and symposer port bov. Tb crash bar and braces, rear sway bar. Lots of other little things, lip, delta riser, kruise smooth panel, Euro headlights. Konig dekagrams. Man typing it all makes me want to just keep it.

I have a Peron s284 on the way and a bunch of new parts to go on. Mountune pads, new rotors, bilstein b6’s, Airtec tubular manifold, dna control arms, Airtec cold side, cf eyelids.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Covid/chip shortage. I work for an auto manufacturer and they are cutting shifts and I am one of them. I will be back eventually and hopefully beginning of next year, but i don’t know for sure. Could be longer. I may be over reacting a little, since i just got the news. I could keep it and just sell off all the parts i’ve been stock piling up along with some miscellaneous things on the car that aren’t needed. It would be nice to not have a car payment at the moment. One less thing to worry about. The only reason I’m considering it is because Carvana is paying good money right now and if i do want another one in a couple years, I would like a different color and without a sunroof. I’m a little all over the place right now and not sure what to do.

A year ago they offered $12,000 now it’s $13,600. 2016 w/recaro, sunroof, 35k miles.
I don’t have a build thread. Whoosh hybrid, Mountune intake and hoses, whoosh fmic, mountune dp, thermal exhaust, Koni orange, swift springs, coolerworx, Airtec hot side and turbo inlet, Turbosmart wg and symposer port bov. Tb crash bar and braces, rear sway bar. Lots of other little things, lip, delta riser, kruise smooth panel, Euro headlights. Konig dekagrams. Man typing it all makes me want to just keep it.

I have a Peron s284 on the way and a bunch of new parts to go on. Mountune pads, new rotors, bilstein b6’s, Airtec tubular manifold, dna control arms, Airtec cold side, cf eyelids.
Sounds nice. There are definitely things you could take off and sell that are not worth letting go with it if you did sell it. plus I do not think $13,600 is enough to warrant selling it. I have heard much better prices than that. If I were at $13,600 I would still be keeping it. 35k is not that high of mileage in fact its low mileage for a 2016 . If they are not offering you 15-16k its not worth selling . These cars are in demand and hard to find . Used car companies are snapping them up because they can resell them for bank. The Bluebook on my 2018 is the same price I bought it for and thats not even the high side its dead center.
So ya 13,600 I would say your nuts to let it go at that price. Sell off some of the parts. there is easily a few thousand in parts you could part with right now and add back in later. Sell the Whoosh hybrid and for go the Peron and run a stock turbo for a little while. Dump the Airtec manifold its really not needed unless you are trying to go over 350hp lol.

Whoos hybrid used $1000-1200 if in good condition
Peron s284 kit $1800
Airtec tubular mani $650
DNA control arms $500
Airtec pipes $300

right there is $4200 cash in parts plus you said you have other small things. It all adds up and you wind up with a nice chunk of change and keep the car. Hell you could even put that towards your loan get you closer to payoff and lower your interest unless you got 0% .

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #11
Sounds nice. There are definitely things you could take off and sell that are not worth letting go with it if you did sell it. plus I do not think $13,600 is enough to warrant selling it. I have heard much better prices than that. If I were at $13,600 I would still be keeping it. 35k is not that high of mileage in fact its low mileage for a 2016 . If they are not offering you 15-16k its not worth selling . These cars are in demand and hard to find . Used car companies are snapping them up because they can resell them for bank. The Bluebook on my 2018 is the same price I bought it for and thats not even the high side its dead center.
So ya 13,600 I would say your nuts to let it go at that price. Sell off some of the parts. there is easily a few thousand in parts you could part with right now and add back in later. Sell the Whoosh hybrid and for go the Peron and run a stock turbo for a little while. Dump the Airtec manifold its really not needed unless you are trying to go over 350hp lol.

Whoos hybrid used $1000-1200 if in good condition
Peron s284 kit $1800
Airtec tubular mani $650
DNA control arms $500
Airtec pipes $300

right there is $4200 cash in parts plus you said you have other small things. It all adds up and you wind up with a nice chunk of change and keep the car. Hell you could even put that towards your loan get you closer to payoff and lower your interest unless you got 0% .
I have thought about that as well. If i do part it out, i could pay it off. I owe right around $4400, was planning on paying it off by fall anyway. Not sure i could drive it again on a stock turbo but I do have to make some sacrifices one way or another. I’ve already contacted whoosh about cancelling the peron turbo, hopefully they can, otherwise i’ll have to take a hit on it when it does finally get here.

I have thought about that as well. If i do part it out, i could pay it off. I owe right around $4400, was planning on paying it off by fall anyway. Not sure i could drive it again on a stock turbo but I do have to make some sacrifices one way or another. I’ve already contacted whoosh about cancelling the peron turbo, hopefully they can, otherwise i’ll have to take a hit on it when it does finally get here.
If possible, find some way to hold onto it! You will miss it. Or at the very least take off fmic and turbo. Good luck, bro. Also, My green envy does not have a sunroof. I never liked them and heard too many problems with leaks over the years.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I'm not too far away if you end up deciding to sell some parts, I'll buy. If you need a stock turbo, I have one.

Also, how long did Ron tell you it'd take to get the S284?

35k is very low miles, if you sell with the intent to go back, it'll be hard to find one with those miles. My 2016 is at 80k. I would say part out to pay it off. Even if you go back to full stock, at least you get to keep your car. You don't owe too much more, some side hustles along with selling parts would be more than enough in your financial situation. Best of luck.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Like others have said - it seems like if you could part it out some - you could have it PIF (especially if you are wanting to get back into one later on). The other thing you could do is look to sell it as is with the mods as a private sell, I know the FiST is one of the cars I'll be checking out and I'll probably look to slightly mod it as it will be a daily driver (but I'm waiting for the market to come down to normalcy) but if Carvana is offering you under $14k for the car - it might make sense to look at what Carvana will give you for a NON modded car and see if parting out makes more sense - maybe that winds up allowing you to PIF the car and it's the best of both worlds - a car YOU know as well as it being PIF. The other thing you might want to do is offer it for private sale for about $2k more than trade in value - that way if the person haggles - you will probably still wind up with more than $1k over what Carvana is offering. Regardless GLWS if you decide to go that route.
Not to get into your personal business - but has your job told you WHEN/IF they will be bringing people back since COVID restrictions are lessening (at least in the US) and I would imagine the chip shortage will eventually meet demand; maybe it makes sense to hold onto it if this will be a short term type of deal. Just my .02 but good luck regardless and sucks you have to consider selling a vehicle you enjoy. :(

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #16
I'm not too far away if you end up deciding to sell some parts, I'll buy. If you need a stock turbo, I have one.

Also, how long did Ron tell you it'd take to get the S284?
A week. Unfortunately there was an issue on Peron’s side with the kits and he didn’t get as many in as he was told he was getting. It’s been 3 months now ugh. Not his fault though and I’m not upset about it. Stuff happens.

35k is very low miles, if you sell with the intent to go back, it'll be hard to find one with those miles. My 2016 is at 80k. I would say part out to pay it off. Even if you go back to full stock, at least you get to keep your car. You don't owe too much more, some side hustles along with selling parts would be more than enough in your financial situation. Best of luck.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I‘m thinking about doing some uber eats or DoorDash, not sure how good they are in my area but yea with the low miles I’m not too concerned if i put some on it. I’ve barely been driving it and my battery died the other day. I think it’s partly the new dash cam even though it’s supposed to cut off so it doesn’t drain the battery but it was completely dead. Charged it up over night and it’s been fine. Unplugged the camera for now. Thanks for support, i appreciate it.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #17
Like others have said - it seems like if you could part it out some - you could have it PIF (especially if you are wanting to get back into one later on). The other thing you could do is look to sell it as is with the mods as a private sell, I know the FiST is one of the cars I'll be checking out and I'll probably look to slightly mod it as it will be a daily driver (but I'm waiting for the market to come down to normalcy) but if Carvana is offering you under $14k for the car - it might make sense to look at what Carvana will give you for a NON modded car and see if parting out makes more sense - maybe that winds up allowing you to PIF the car and it's the best of both worlds - a car YOU know as well as it being PIF. The other thing you might want to do is offer it for private sale for about $2k more than trade in value - that way if the person haggles - you will probably still wind up with more than $1k over what Carvana is offering. Regardless GLWS if you decide to go that route.
Not to get into your personal business - but has your job told you WHEN/IF they will be bringing people back since COVID restrictions are lessening (at least in the US) and I would imagine the chip shortage will eventually meet demand; maybe it makes sense to hold onto it if this will be a short term type of deal. Just my .02 but good luck regardless and sucks you have to consider selling a vehicle you enjoy. :(
Thanks i appreciate it. I’m kind of kicking myself for buying mods, rather than paying it off with all the extra stimulus money. If it was paid off, i wouldn’t be as worried. I am paid ahead by quite a bit and luckily 0% financing. I do have some credit card debt that I’m also worried about and selling the car to carvana even at a little loss with the mods, would wipe that out.
No worries on being too personal. They have not said anything about a return to work. Only that it is indefinite. I am in a union, so that a plus for instances like this. Things have been down with the plant I’m at for a couple years. There are things in the works that would bring me back early next year, if it happens, but in the automotive world nothing is promised. It could and will always change. They just brought a bunch of people back after a year + of being laid off, just for it to happen again. There is a possibility of relocating to another state/plant. I believe there is compensation of some sort but that is a huge change and risk with a family and leaving your friends and family.

Don't sell it dude...you'll be kicking yourself forever unless you really want to roll the dice on another one in a couple of years that is a color you want better and no sunroof. Still, you have Recaros and have built it the way you wanted....I'd definitely not do it. Get creative and find other income to get by.