Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone wanna buy my old Car? Cyborg FiST at Ford Walnut Creek

OP
J
Thread Starter #24
I was trying to be modest...OP made it seem like Golf R is a deal compared to the FiST...
I guess with all things considered, I wouldn't say it was a deal. After driving the FiST for two years, I forgot what it was like to have a car that is luxurious, comfortable, quiet (can be loud and stiff at the touch of a button), and importantly- fast. If you have the funds I would strongly recommend one, but at the FiST's price point, there is nothing much that competes with it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
MK7 Golf R.

Already got it tuned. This thing is a Monster. Better than the Fiesta in every way possible.
[video=youtube;GINKFObNQZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINKFObNQZg[/video]

It's still a volkswagon at the end of the day.....best of luck.

rexdriver85

It is most definitely NOT a downgrade. Good luck with it man. [emoji106]

Only thing I will say is the VW community has changed a lot. It's not nearly as great as it was many years back. This community is just wonderful in comparison. But we are a niche.

The R is a great car. I was, and still is, on my list. But at the time of my Fist purchase, I wanted to stay well below the R's price point.

Just as we can tune our cars, so can VW. APR tuning is comparable to Cobb and other vendor here, and I used them to tune an Audi A6 twin turbo. Pretty cool picking up 80 hp in 30 mins (no intercooler upgrade). They have Stage packages as well.

I'm sure the R will be tested against the Focus RS, and that will be a good read. But the Focus will lack the interior refinement for sure. I can't wait to see the RS comparisons vs its competition.