Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anything else I can do to get even cooler charge temps, I already have upgraded FMIC? Looking for more

I live in Texas and see 100 degrees here almost daily so I still deal with heat soak sooner than I would like to. Is there any other upgrades I can do along with the fmic?

Mod list:AP, strat flash tune, green filter, Cobb rmm, depo fmic, fswerks exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam4

A BigMouth install will keep you busy in the shade for a few hours...that's cooling right? Might just scoop up flies for all I know.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
ST 200/mountune airbox. Not sure it would help much in that heat, but it wouldn't hurt.

OP
POLLUTEDSNOUT
Thread Starter #5
ST 200/mountune airbox. Not sure it would help much in that heat, but it wouldn't hurt.
Am thinking of this but I haven’t seen anyone post temp comparisons vs stock air box. Don’t know if the amount is worth the price, if any at all //:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
An intercooler sprayer system, but you would be constantly/incessantly refilling it in those torrid conditions. [:(]

Business6

Am thinking of this but I haven’t seen anyone post temp comparisons vs stock air box. Don’t know if the amount is worth the price, if any at all
The only way you're going to get better charge temps is by going big, like AlphaBravo big for the fmic. It's actually something I'm considering for next summer as my whoosh v1 was casually hitting 115° charge temps on the highway even at 75 and no AC and over 130° when off the highway.

Everything heat soaks given enough time or exposure.
The plastic airbox certainly does, too, and quickly because it's insanely hot in our engine bays. Having a tube feeding "fresh" air doesn't do much of anything on a 100°+ day when the heat from the road is 140-170° which is also an obvious problem for intercoolers and radiators.

I've logged temperature comparisons between the stock airbox with a ram air filter and the ram air intake sitting right behind the radiator. Not nearly enough of a difference between the two, temp wise, to concern yourself since the intercooler has much more of an impact than the intake. Don't run yourself in circles over-thinking anything intake related.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Water meth. The only way you’ll consistently get below ambient charge temps.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
WMI is the best option. Bigger intercooler, ceramic coat hot parts especially if you’re not running the heat shields on mani and turbo. Hood vents or run without the cowl to manage under hood temps. Other less beneficial options.