Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AP Racing CP9200 315mm Big Brake Kit

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #21
The 178.7 should be fine, it’s the the other measurement for 4mm. How accurate is that? It might clear, depending if that number is not accurate and where the high point is located in relation to the wheel/spoke. But a spacer 3-5mm if you must should be no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh alright I misread that, I will have to remeasure that tomorrow because I don't think it was very accurate and I'll also try to get a good idea of where the contour is. I'll have a lot more time to do it tomorrow too so I'll send some pictures of the measurements in relation to the fitment diagram.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
hard to get a camera in there, but as you can see below even with 2mm added to the template there's plenty of room, even 3mm may clear. 4mm won't clear by the barrel where the spokes curve back in, so you need to find out where the 4mm high point is located. If it's not near the barrel it may clear.

It's pretty close, but because we don't have a specific template for your kit it's a best guess. You could always just order 1 wheel to test fit....
But clearance should be a non-issue if you use a spacer. The problem with a spacer and Dekagrams is you run the risk of fender interference depending on how low the car will be and tire size choice.

Last edited:
OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #23
Okay so hopefully I can explain this correctly but the 4mm is pretty accurate it is acutally more like 4.41mm over with the distance from disc center to the farthest point being 71.66mm but I did find out where it ends. So at 161.8mm from wheel center the 4.41mm ends. The caliper reaches its full height 27mm from the wheelside edge so mark 27mm on the 178mm line then connect it to the 161.8mm mark and it should be a good representation. Let me know if this needs clarification
revised fitment dimensions.png

koozy

3000 Post Club
Can some material be cut off this corner? If not, it will definitely hit the wheel towards the hub side. Scroll up and look at the photo I posted and you’ll see the problem without trimming a bit off. Got similar detailed measurements for the hub side as you did for the barrel side?

Last edited:
OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #25
Yeah so using AP Racings Drawing of the caliper. it starts to curve in 69mm from the top. It starts slow with the contour going 5mm in and 7mm down, it is not fully flat yet but it is so far in that the rest doesnt matter.
revised fitment dimensions.png

koozy

3000 Post Club
I started on a new template last night. I don’t have it with me at the moment, but I’ll update that corner later. Here’s where we’re at though, the highlighted area is the new addition to the template I used earlier that cleared. Looks promising, but won’t know for sure until I get a chance to test it. Won’t be today though, but will try tomorrow.

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #27
Looks great! Can't wait to see if it will work.

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #29
Damn well looks like that's not going to work without a little spacer. Maybe I'll have to go another route. Thanks for testing it out @koozy !

koozy

3000 Post Club
unlikely going to be 8" wide. 295mm kit would probably clear. Thus far Willwood (someone has this with Dekagrams already) & Vmaxx 290mm will clear.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Now I am wondering IF the 285MM M-Sport/AP racing R2 GRAVEL spec setup will fit under most wheels. [dunno]

They use these under those OZed/M-Sport 15x7 'disc' style wheels (I am guessing with NO spacers), so ???

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
The clearance is so close I’d be tempted to just file or grind down the calipers to clear, but don’t think I could bring myself to do it.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #33
The clearance is so close I’d be tempted to just file or grind down the calipers to clear, but don’t think I could bring myself to do it.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
Not gonna file it down but it still might work. Looking at the calipers there is an edge that looks like it would be exactly where it would be filed down so next spring I might just get a single wheel and test it out.
1547979305.png

koozy

3000 Post Club
next Spring, that's an eternity LOL. Maybe someone on this forum, etc. with the wheels is local who can help lend a wheel for a minute :)

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #35
True true lol if anyone has Dekagrams in the Detroit area hmu but I'll post on the MI ST and RS Facebook page to see if anyone has them

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #36
Went with some sparco terras for my winter setup, almost fits but it hits on the bottom edge of the caliper so I got 5mm spacers on their way from whoosh. The tops clear fine by the barrel so I think the dekagrams will probably clear by the top but I would be worried about clearance near the hub, I might just go with either a 16x7 OZ setup so worse comes to worse I just use the 5mm spacers again or just go with the 17" hypergrams. Or I might just do 16" TD Pro Race 1.2s as I know for sure they will fit but the proble will just be sourcing the wheels.

Last edited:
OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #38
what's holding you from going with Dekagrams and a 3-5mm spacer?
I feel like it's going to be too tight of a fit and since I'm running Swift Spec-R springs I don't want any rubbing out on the track if I use spacers. So if I go with 16×7 ultraleggeras there is some wiggle room and spacers wouldn't be an issue if they are needed.
Actually, looking at the wheel width from the hub right now compared to my stock wheels and 20mm spacers, any 8" wheel with a 40mm offset will sit the same. I'm already getting fender interference with the current stock wheel setup so if I go with a 215 tire it will rub and won't work unless I go with a stretched 205 which kinda defeats the purpose of wider wheels. So looks like the Königs won't work with my current setup. I might sell my stock wheels with spacers and tires and just save up some money for a nice set of oz wheels, probably the ultraleggeras and use the 5mm spacers I got for the sparcos if necessary.

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #40