Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AP Racing CP9200 315mm Big Brake Kit

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #42
Any updates on this? Was a 16” wheel ever found that clears these calipers? Also, any feedback from the track yet?
The current situation kinda slowed things down so I won't be able to test them on track until the summer but I picked up some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s that will definitely fit. I will report back when I get out on track for the first time for sure!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yep and 38 offset

Hey, looking at this post with interest from across the pond. I'm looking at the 315mm AP Racing kit to fit under my TD Pro 1.2s.

I have a 17x7 et38 daily 1.2's and a set of track 16x7 et38 1.2's.

You reckon that these wheels will clear the calipers without spacers, just the extra 9.5mm afforded from the offset? Ideally that would be great, but i'm unsure if it's the case!

Also, what is noise like with floating discs? I hear they can be loud, is it true?

Last edited:
OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #46
Hey, looking at this post with interest from across the pond. I'm looking at the 315mm AP Racing kit to fit under my TD Pro 1.2s.

I have a 17x7 et38 daily 1.2's and a set of track 16x7 et38 1.2's.

You reckon that these wheels will clear the calipers without spacers, just the extra 9.5mm afforded from the offset? Ideally that would be great, but i'm unsure if it's the case!

Also, what is noise like with floating discs? I hear they can be loud, is it true?
Unfortunately my wheels didn't make the last shipment before they closed for a bit so I'm still waiting on them to come. I'm pretty confident that I won't need spacers with the TDs, but I'll confirm when the wheels get here and I have a chance to fit them.

Regarding noise, because the bobbins have springs to keep the tension I don't notice any sound from the floating rotors. You're going to get some squeaking but that's just from the fixed calipers and aggressive pads. One thing that I should note is that the J-hook slots are noisy when cold and new but the whirring gets better when they break-in. If you want slots but not extra noise go with straight or curved ones but I love the bite from the jhooks and the sound is kinda cool at times.

Unfortunately my wheels didn't make the last shipment before they closed for a bit so I'm still waiting on them to come. I'm pretty confident that I won't need spacers with the TDs, but I'll confirm when the wheels get here and I have a chance to fit them.

Regarding noise, because the bobbins have springs to keep the tension I don't notice any sound from the floating rotors. You're going to get some squeaking but that's just from the fixed calipers and aggressive pads. One thing that I should note is that the J-hook slots are noisy when cold and new but the whirring gets better when they break-in. If you want slots but not extra noise go with straight or curved ones but I love the bite from the jhooks and the sound is kinda cool at times.

Ah shame! Industry is starting to re-open again here, so fingers crossed they'll be on their way soon. Let me know how it goes, would be fantastic if et38 fits over them with no spacer! Would save an expensive pain in the arse of buying spacers.

They're nice alloys too. I would say every other car at a UK/DE track day runs TD Pro 1.2s' with AD08Rs. The second hand market is awash with them, so you can pick them up real cheap. They're a great wheel, i've been using 16" on track and my new daily ones are bronze... but awaiting new tyres.

Good to know about the floating discs. I intend to go for them if they're not too noisy. I expect a bit of loudness and that's okay as it's primarily a track/back road car and not a daily.

Last edited:
OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #49
Nope still waiting...

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #51
I'm going to try out the BRAID Fullrace A wheels instead, the company I'm ordering them from sent me a template to test the fitment so I'll report back once the glue dries and I cut it out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm going to try out the BRAID Fullrace A wheels instead, the company I'm ordering them from sent me a template to test the fitment so I'll report back once the glue dries and I cut it out.
The 16x8s?
Team Illuminata?
I really love those wheels, and wanted them, but I was NOT paying ~$425 PER WHEEL, before shipping for the gold ones, I wanted. [:(]

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #54
The 16x8s?
Team Illuminata?
I really love those wheels, and wanted them, but I was NOT paying ~$425 PER WHEEL, before shipping for the gold ones, I wanted. [:(]
Yeah they are pretty pricey, luckily Paul at Team Illuminata is great to work with and matched the price for the TDs because I've been waiting since February. I went with 16x7 in White because I already have the RE71Rs and I don't really want to pay 400 extra for another color lol. I definitely recommend Team Illuminata tho, Paul has been really responsive during this whole situation and I have no complaints whatsoever.

OP
zeddzik
Thread Starter #56
I would say go for it, if they say the TDs will fit then they will. They are definitely a very spacious wheel and if the Sparco Terras can fit (barely) then there should be plenty of space left if you are using the kit with the TDs.

I would say go for it, if they say the TDs will fit then they will. They are definitely a very spacious wheel and if the Sparco Terras can fit (barely) then there should be plenty of space left if you are using the kit with the TDs.

Yep, just looking at a RenaultSport Clio/Megane Brembo conversion too, very popular here.

All the best with your build!