Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AP temp numbers, what should they be?

So i took a trip to a nearby town, maybe 25m round trip. I got my mount set up so i can actually see my AP easily and was watching some of the numbers. The ambient according to my car said it was around 92. Oil temp was 200, charge air temp was up to 115 if i remember at a stop light and maybe 3 or 4 degrees over ambient when in motion. I just read online that i can also throw up intake temp and maybe some others which i will do.

Is there anything you guys insist on having readings for at all times on your AP? Just got oil changed today and she's running good, i love my car !

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #3
If you haven't upgraded your radiator and/or FMIC, I'd monitor the coolant temp.
I think that was the other one already displayed but i don't recall what the numbers were. But yea i'll leave that up as i haven't upgraded either of those parts.

Spork1569

So i took a trip to a nearby town, maybe 25m round trip. I got my mount set up so i can actually see my AP easily and was watching some of the numbers. The ambient according to my car said it was around 92. Oil temp was 200, charge air temp was up to 115 if i remember at a stop light and maybe 3 or 4 degrees over ambient when in motion. I just read online that i can also throw up intake temp and maybe some others which i will do.

Is there anything you guys insist on having readings for at all times on your AP? Just got oil changed today and she's running good, i love my car !
@Hypergram had a similar thread here

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...nd-i-use-on-the-accessport.21460/#post-367512

I would recommend you watch your charge temps as well as coolant and oil temps since you're not on an upgraded intercooler. I would set ignition correction for either cylinder 1 or 4 as those seem to be the problem cylinders for most people.

Positive cylinder corrections are good and negatives are bad(when seen at wide open throttle, you can expect negative corrections here and there as you putt around town) as that means the engine isn't running the tune well.

Octane adjustment ratio is also good so you can know whether your gas is good or poopy.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...nd-i-use-on-the-accessport.21460/#post-367512

I would recommend you watch your charge temps as well as coolant and oil temps since you're not on an upgraded intercooler. I would set ignition correction for either cylinder 1 or 4 as those seem to be the problem cylinders for most people.

Positive cylinder corrections are good and negatives are bad(when seen at wide open throttle, you can expect negative corrections here and there as you putt around town) as that means the engine isn't running the tune well.

Octane adjustment ratio is also good so you can know whether your gas is good or poopy.
Yay, that's me lol. Also, what numbers should you be seeing on the Octane Adjustment ratio?

Spork1569

Yay, that's me lol. Also, what numbers should you be seeing on the Octane Adjustment ratio?
Negative 1 is optimal and means the engine isn't adjusting for bad gas. It should be as close to that as possible and mine usually doesn't move from that now besides when I reset the ECU.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #7

My AP seller must think like you, both cyl 1 and 4 were up already. I did quite a bit of WOT when i could here and there this evening and i made sure to look at the corrections, both said zero so i figured that was good. Was there 6 readings at a time you can choose? If so we have 2 corrections, 3 temps and that leaves one left. I guess i'll have to look through the menus, i didn't know at first you could change the display readings.

Spork1569

My AP seller must think like you, both cyl 1 and 4 were up already. I did quite a bit of WOT when i could here and there this evening and i made sure to look at the corrections, both said zero so i figured that was good. Was there 6 readings at a time you can choose? If so we have 2 corrections, 3 temps and that leaves one left. I guess i'll have to look through the menus, i didn't know at first you could change the display readings.
Yeah when you get to the gauges screen there is a little 3 dots that says setup. You can choose to show from 2 to 6 gauges I believe.

Also I forgot to answer the temp questions, I'm in socal so mine may not get as hot as where you're at but my oil ranges from 180ish to 220(when running hard or its hot out) and coolant usually stays below 200 but I've seen it hit 215 when visiting hotter parts of CA.

Also if you hit the center button of the AP while driving you start logging data, the parameters you keep track of are also selected in the setup menu. If you're inclined to look at an excel spreadsheet of how your car performs its interesting to take a look at. This is the same data your tuner sees when you send in a revision for any tune you buy.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #9
Yeah when you get to the gauges screen there is a little 3 dots that says setup. You can choose to show from 2 to 6 gauges I believe.

Also I forgot to answer the temp questions, I'm in socal so mine may not get as hot as where you're at but my oil ranges from 180ish to 220(when running hard or its hot out) and coolant usually stays below 200 but I've seen it hit 215 when visiting hotter parts of CA.

Also if you hit the center button of the AP while driving you start logging data, the parameters you keep track of are also selected in the setup menu. If you're inclined to look at an excel spreadsheet of how your car performs its interesting to take a look at. This is the same data your tuner sees when you send in a revision for any tune you buy.
Yea i accidentally started the data logging earlier, i was trying to reset the boost peak number. At least i think that's what it does? It looked like whatever the peak boost was it showed in a small line just below the current boost pressure, and if i exceeded the last peak it updated it. But i was trying to figure out how to reset that, apparently it's not the center button lol.

Spork1569

Yea i accidentally started the data logging earlier, i was trying to reset the boost peak number. At least i think that's what it does? It looked like whatever the peak boost was it showed in a small line just below the current boost pressure, and if i exceeded the last peak it updated it. But i was trying to figure out how to reset that, apparently it's not the center button lol.
I just exit the gauges to the main menu and then open it back up again. It resets all gauges in that way.