Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are the exhaust hangers that come with mbrp doodoo?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just wondering. Got my modded mbrp all nice and totally drone free, added washers to the mid chassis brace, but the mbrp hangers seem to be a lot looser in the short time I have had the exhaust. It’s now sagging lower and touching the brace and the whole system seems... flaccid. Everything is still clamped very tightly, just looks kinda like the hangers stretched. The hitting chassis brace is only really noticeable when starting the car, I can hear the pipe jiggle and bang on the brace but once underway it seems ok. Sometimes I hear it make contact backing up a slope.

I had poly hangers with my other exhaust and forgot to specify to keep the poly hangers when I had my guy do the swap from my custom system to the mbrp. Just wondering- most of my searching appears to be people with issues with the mbrp and the stock hangers. Trying to decide if it’s worth having the hangers swapped back to my poly ones or if I’m doing my usual “can’t leave well enough alone” thing. I like that the mbrp is all clamps for easy removal but I might also have it vbanded like I did my stock one (for easy reinstall).

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Just wondering. Got my modded mbrp all nice and totally drone free, added washers to the mid chassis brace, but the mbrp hangers seem to be a lot looser in the short time I have had the exhaust. It’s now sagging lower and touching the brace and the whole system seems... flaccid. Everything is still clamped very tightly, just looks kinda like the hangers stretched. The hitting chassis brace is only really noticeable when starting the car, I can hear the pipe jiggle and bang on the brace but once underway it seems ok. Sometimes I hear it make contact backing up a slope.

I had poly hangers with my other exhaust and forgot to specify to keep the poly hangers when I had my guy do the swap from my custom system to the mbrp. Just wondering- most of my searching appears to be people with issues with the mbrp and the stock hangers. Trying to decide if it’s worth having the hangers swapped back to my poly ones or if I’m doing my usual “can’t leave well enough alone” thing. I like that the mbrp is all clamps for easy removal but I might also have it vbanded like I did my stock one (for easy reinstall).
you are in luck! haha
we have our own exhaust hangers that will be available for purchase next week
based off the COBB and Torque hangers except:
ours are longer center to center to match OEM specs
a little softer in durometer. Ours are between Powerflex (soft) and COBB/Torque which are rock hard
and will be a fraction of the price compared to others on the market

We will include them FREE with our exhaust coming soon as well

Erick_V

The MBRP hangars do suck. Mine also got brittle and cracked within a year, I bought the Torque Solution hangars that Ron offers. I really want to try his new ones as the TS ones are pretty stiff

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
The MBRP hangars do suck. Mine also got brittle and cracked within a year, I bought the Torque Solution hangars that Ron offers. I really want to try his new ones as the TS ones are pretty stiff
I have 3 of the ts ones and a single.... red one from whoosh. I’ll check out Ron’s hangers. Hopefully he gets that exhaust setup going soon :)

Ron Give that new exhaust a quarter wave resonator like the thermal!

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
you are in luck! haha
we have our own exhaust hangers that will be available for purchase next week
based off the COBB and Torque hangers except:
ours are longer center to center to match OEM specs
a little softer in durometer. Ours are between Powerflex (soft) and COBB/Torque which are rock hard
and will be a fraction of the price compared to others on the market

We will include them FREE with our exhaust coming soon as well

I'll keep checking to see when they show up. The red powerflex one stretched out almost instantly after install and you're right, the torque ones are a little tough. I bought special exhaust hanger pliers and bent them first use trying to remove the TS hangers lol. I'll order a set of 4 of these when they become available. Digging the MBRP now that the "icky" part of it is gone. Keep up the good work :)

Last edited: