Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

arm rest cover?

just got my st, I love it.

Only issue I have is the armrest is in a bad spot for me and is hard plastic. I am very tall so whenever I shift the car my elbow hits the arm rest. Wearing a t-shirt with my elbow exposed it is already causing skin irritation. The armrest is not adjustable so I can not do anything about the position but if i could find some kind of cover so the relatively rough plastic didnt rub my elbow it would be nice.

any suggestions?

Spork1569

Some people get a shifter extension to get around that problem. I myself am short and short limbed so my arms don't hit luckily, but that seems like a not so expensive fix.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know there are some covers available. Haven't seen any personally.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Redlinegoods.com sell custom covers. I got the padded variant and it really helped. Only other option, other than changing the shifter, would be to remove the lid. Held on via couple screws.

I am very tall so whenever I shift the car my elbow hits the arm rest.
You can pop it open while driving. That might help. I have the same issue, so I actually removed the entire armrest, leaving the metal "skeleton" underneath. I then zip-tied the "skeleton" to the storage console to keep it down. Extremely ghetto but my elbow loved it! :ROFLMAO: But ended up being too ghetto so I returned it to normal and just changed my arm positioning a little to stop it from hitting the armest when shifting.

I'm 6'-2" and love my padded armrest from RedlineGoods. Sure, it would be nice if Ford had positioned the armrest a bit farther back, but a high-quality leather padded cover is the next best thing!

I paired the armrest with their shift boot - another quality product.

Redline Armrest.JPG Redline Shift Boot.JPG

DangerMouse

Shifter extension definitely helps. I like the room with the arm rest up but is not practical. I want to replace the arm rest with a small flat padded lid. Just been too lazy to come up with anything.