Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ARP Headstuds

PhoenixM3

Well like I said, my recommendation is, build that new block full retard capable. Then when it's done you don't have to worry about it. You can use the stock rods and crank. Sleeve the block and close the deck, I personally like moutunes oil baffle system because I don't have to worry about oil starvation and it's fairly cheap. Then upgrade the pistons. With this, you can even go plus rated and increase displacement if you get the sleeves done. Then port and polish the heads and get a cam. I mean.... That's the route I went and I've had no issues other than mountune installing the wrong bolt in my exhaust cam -.-. that was a bitch to find but they did pay me back for the work that needed to get done.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
What power levels are you running now?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Not much. 240 at the wheels. I had a lot of issues related to the build that's made tuning it extremely slow but everything is fixed now so that number should be jumping quick. Running an x57rs.

wetwea33

29k. I have a new spare long block too, but I intend on building that for full retard power.
Mine popped at 29k. 100% add sleeves to the list of parts for the motor build. Cylinder walls on these motors are a joke.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #24
There's a TON of shit you can do without getting into the motor man. You know we have lighter cv axles now right? Do you know how rotational mass effects acceleration? Tried lighter rims? I'm running rpf1s custom drilled from fmwheels. They are 15.2 lbs per corner. What about lightened panels? I get it, the fiesta is already light but for 3k you could lose 15 lbs on the flywheel, reduce each corner by 7 lbs, and get a 30% reduction in rotational mass from the new CV axle a on Ron's site.

I already have lighter wheels, dekagrams are 14 lbs each, coilovers that are lighter, and the spare tire, rear seat etc is all out. It's like 2600 without me in it right now vs the stock 2750