Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

At VIR Full

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Great video...what kind of top speed did you get on that track?

cant wait to get out there this spring with mine!! let me know the next time you go up. VIR is relatively close so I can meet up. not until im done tearing mine apart and race prepping it tho! ill be done by spring

Just curious if the track configuration was the same as what Car & Driver used for this years 'Lightning Lap'. They recorded a 3:20.4 with a stock Fiesta, so if the track configuration was the same you were quicker than a Porsche 918 Spyder which went 2:43 and had a peak speed of over 170 mph.

^R&T uses the "Grand Course" which combines the 2 layouts for a longer track, it's almost never used outside a few events like theirs.

The track looks so different without Oak Tree and I noticed the tree that used to be by the front straight is gone too!! Looking way too bare out there!!

BTW, you take "South Bend" quite well, and it takes some guts to take that corner flat out, especially the first few times. You just have to trust yourself with it and I only did really late into my weekend there. What surprised me the most is how late you can brake into the back straight, I gaped a few folks there. Love the "roller coaster" going into the "Hog Pen", so tricky but if you get it just right you come blasting down the front straight!! Come to think of it, I like every inch of that track!!

Nice vid!!

^R&T uses the "Grand Course" which combines the 2 layouts for a longer track, it's almost never used outside a few events like theirs.
Ok, that makes more sense to me. Because I was going to say if you were on the same course layout as what Car & Driver used for their 'Lightning Lap' and turned a 2:24, you really should be an F1 driver!