Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
hell, you could pass with this even in CA as long as it didnt trip any "not ready lights."
The tubos on our cars are so well tucked back there, its not worth the effort to put on a lift to do a visual. And as long as you have a cat, you SHOULD pass the sniffer.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I was gonna comment that just becuase you live in USA doesn't mean you are forced to abide by emissions. Here in bexar county san antonio there is no emissions testing. In florida there is no inspection at all. Check your state/county :) It comes down to the county.

I was gonna comment that just becuase you live in USA doesn't mean you are forced to abide by emissions. Here in bexar county san antonio there is no emissions testing. In florida there is no inspection at all. Check your state/county :) It comes down to the county.
You need to keep in mind that removing an emission control device from a car is a violation of the Federal Clean Air Act, and therefore is illegal no matter where you live in the USA. That said, if your area doesn't perform inspections you probably can get away with the modifications.

OP
V
Thread Starter #48
ATP intercooler is up now, no pics though. I emailed asking so don't all go bugging them just yet :)

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-003&Category_Code=FIE

$695 price is inline with everyone else
ATP Turbo Front Mounted Intercooler Kit, 2014 Fiesta ST Turbo 1.6L, with 450HP Garrett Core.
Utilizes Garrett's High Density Bar and Plate Core with nice cast ATP endtanks.
Core size: 24" wide, 6.5" tall, 3" thick (over 50% more flow area than stock)
Perfect fit into the stock location and clears the bumper beam and bumper cover nicely with no cutting.

pwnall1337

Vendor
You need to keep in mind that removing an emission control device from a car is a violation of the Federal Clean Air Act, and therefore is illegal no matter where you live in the USA. That said, if your area doesn't perform inspections you probably can get away with the modifications.
I'll do anything for more HP :p

ATP intercooler is up now, no pics though. I emailed asking so don't all go bugging them just yet :)

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-003&Category_Code=FIE

$695 price is inline with everyone else
ATP Turbo Front Mounted Intercooler Kit, 2014 Fiesta ST Turbo 1.6L, with 450HP Garrett Core.
Utilizes Garrett's High Density Bar and Plate Core with nice cast ATP endtanks.
Core size: 24" wide, 6.5" tall, 3" thick (over 50% more flow area than stock)
Perfect fit into the stock location and clears the bumper beam and bumper cover nicely with no cutting.
50% more flow than stock. Awesome!

-ry

OP
V
Thread Starter #51
Heard back from ATP regarding the stock piping;

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST intercooler is direct replacement of stock intercooler and integrates into stock plumbing. No new piping required. Currently, our test results do not indicate any bottlenecks within stock piping.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Heard back from ATP regarding the stock piping;

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST intercooler is direct replacement of stock intercooler and integrates into stock plumbing. No new piping required. Currently, our test results do not indicate any bottlenecks within stock piping.
Lots of mixed information out there.
They say just replace the intercooler, Joe over at 2JR says the intercooler is fine, COBB says replace everything lol

OP
V
Thread Starter #53
They (ATP) are running the most power period at this point and if its with stock tubing and stock exhaust it speaks highly to those parts IMO.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Lots of mixed information out there.
They say just replace the intercooler, Joe over at 2JR says the intercooler is fine, COBB says replace everything lol
Man, I don't know what to do!!! First world problem, to replace intercooler or not to replace intercooler

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
VINDICATION!

TAKE THAT, EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT SAID "THE RESONATOR IS NOT A RESTRICTION"
HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!

I am REALLY looking forward to yanking that garbage out of my car.