Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ATP GTX2860 Gen 2 Turbo Kit Discussion

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
I bought some of that too @TyphoonFiST (in the background of these photos). Check out the quality difference between the Mountune downpipe adapter (cast & machined) versus the ATP (ugly welded piece of snot). There should be more clearance with the Mountune unit to tighten the bolts and I also got the Stage 8 locking hardware.

IMG_7601.JPG IMG_7600.JPG IMG_7599.JPG IMG_7598.JPG IMG_7597.JPG

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you dismount the Turbo? Or leave it all hooked up and hanging?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Eh. Yes it doesn't look pretty, but who the hell will ever see it? It's not like your turbo is up top where everyone can see it

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
Did you dismount the Turbo? Or leave it all hooked up and hanging?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Eh. Yes it doesn't look pretty, but who the hell will ever see it? It's not like your turbo is up top where everyone can see it
I agree. I bought it because I thought it more give more room to tighten the bolts properly. It doesn’t. It’s much better built and I can trust it to have a nice flat mating surface.

Despite all of this, and tightening the downpipe adapter both on and off the car with a variety of different hardware, I can’t get it to pressure test without leaks.

I am sending it back to ATP for a warranty inquiry. I figure they either replace the turbo because of a bad mating surface on the turbine outlet, or they get it to seal properly. This gives me some piece of mind if I decide to sell the turbo with low miles or put it back on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk