Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Audio/Radio no worky

Hi guys, anyone seen this before? The other day my volume bar disappeared and volume wouldn’t adjust. I turned it off with the power button and now it won’t turn back on. Any ideas? Screen shot attached. I tried customer service and they had me do a master reset. Didn’t help. What you see is what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. This is a known problem with MFT that Ford provided extended warranties on. I’m not sure there is a permanent fix, but disconnecting the battery for a few seconds should get the system reset and running again. Until the next time. Alternatively you can remove and reconnect the MFT fuse behind the glovebox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
The battery thing worked. Should I be taking this in for an update or something?

The battery thing worked. Should I be taking this in for an update or something?

The extended warranty on this is expired so they’ll charge you for whatever they do, and they might not fix it. Mine was never fixed so I just keep a small wrench in the glovebox if I’m out and need to do the battery disconnect. I found that disconnecting the battery once in a while is a lot easier than arguing with the dealer service department.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What year is yours? Ford has an extended warranty on some sync systems, can't tell you how many APIM's we have replaced both newer and older. Can't verify without a vin unfortunately. Usually we will try a hard reset (battery disconnect), update, and if that fails APIM or screen replacement depending on concern. Oddly, Ford states the APIM's should rarely require replacement lol. Not cheap either past warranty.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I just experienced a similar problem. Volume controls won't work, can't turn on the radio. My wife called and I couldn't hear her through the speakers. I can change songs playing on spotify, I just can't hear the music. I was going to move to a hard reset next when I muster up the care to pop the hood.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
See whether the problem reappears when all USB devices remain disconnected, and keeping BlueTooth off. I mean, 24/7 for like a month; just to see whether it ceases to function again. If the problem only occurs when something is connected via BT and/or USB... CD even, then it's possible that it may be crashing while attempting to index certain media. I've noticed that HDD can be active pretty early/late in the on/off cycles.

I have the same issue. I replaced the necessary fuses with new ones, disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, didn’t work. Then disconnected for one hour, still does not turn on at all. Also, the usb connections in the arm rest no longer work. Is there a master fuse or am I missing something?

cxwrench

Just happened to mine yesterday. EXACT same as the OP. Disconnected the ground from battery to body, reconnected. When I started the car SYNC did its 'scheduled maintenance' thing and worked perfectly.

This just happened to me today, 2. United from my house while leaving at 5am for a 1k mile drive to Vegas... thanks Ford ...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Have you perused through your menu system? Might not be called the same thing or in the same location, but I'd imagine that there would be a similar option in there somewhere?