Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AUTOX Houston area

Hello all.
Not sure if anybody would be interested in autocrossing their FiST.
The next event is on July 12th at the police academy.
Check www.houscca.com/solo for information.

I don't autox my Fiesta, but there was two FiST there last month.
I will be there in my gutted SVT Focus.

just thought i would throw this info out there in case there was any interest

Hello all.
Not sure if anybody would be interested in autocrossing their FiST.
The next event is on July 12th at the police academy.
Check www.houscca.com/solo for information.

I don't autox my Fiesta, but there was two FiST there last month.
I will be there in my gutted SVT Focus.

just thought i would throw this info out there in case there was any interest
Going to an event tomorrow to try it out!

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #3
Nice. I'll bet there in my gutted svt. I will try to find ya. I have a black svt zx5

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #5
yeah sorry, didn't think to check the forum when i was out there.
Really nice meeting you and you did well out there. I hope you had fun. The next events are 11/7 and 11/8 out at Royal Purple Raceway.

No worries! Got really close to breaking that 60 second mark but couldn't quite do it. One more lap and I probably would've got it, but at least it was constant improvement!

Probably try to make it out there at least one of the two days, but the raceway is a lot further than HPA. They will setup two different courses for the two days, right? Need to restrain myself from trying to blow through too much cash trying to autox but it's too much fun.

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #8
Yeah they said its going to be two different track set ups.
As far as the ride, no problem. I'm still a rookie and all but its hella fun and riding with other people can give you ideas on different lines to take. I would have ridden with you but i wanted to take a breather before going out to work the last heat.
the two other FiSTs in your class took 2nd and 3rd.. that freaking Chevy Sonic was tearing it up out there. holy hell.

i will prolly be getting a hotel for that weekend. don't want to drive from Champions/Tomball to Royal Purple and back two days in a row.

Not sure if you know about this, but the November event is now Saturday only because this weekend's rain canceled an unrelated event. They bumped the 11th race to December so there's back to back events that month. Can't make the December ones, but I should be able to make November.

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #10
Not sure if you know about this, but the November event is now Saturday only because this weekend's rain canceled an unrelated event. They bumped the 11th race to December so there's back to back events that month. Can't make the December ones, but I should be able to make November.
yeah I heard that.
I have a buddy on the committee so he kept me in the loop.
If you are on facebook, join the HouSCCA solo page.

I can't wait for the next event.
Kinda glad its not a double header but at the same time, it would have been nice.

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #11
the course map for the 7th is out. they posted it on their fb page since they were having issues with the sight.
looks like a (relatively) high speed course

Hrm... I'm surprised they still have yet to update the Houston SCCA page. I tried FB, but I guess I'm not an official Houston SCCA member yet so I don't see it. I'll just wait for the day of!

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #13
you don't have to be an official member to be part of the FB page.
i'm uploading a copy to my photobucket. i will post it here.
looks like a really fun and fast course

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #16
if you need to leave early, just let them know when you register and they might be able to work it out

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #17
going to be a wet, possibly rainy, track day.
should be fun.

They won't cancel the event for rain, will they? Rain has been really crazy in Houston lately. Also might be a tad sketchy since my stock Bridgestones are pretty close to the end of their life.

Need to make sure I bring a poncho. Maybe I could put some of that STOA UrbanX training to use...

OP
Svvift
Thread Starter #19
As long as it's not flooding or lightning like crazy it should go on

Izzy

So that's this weekend?...I need to get auto notifications for events like these...always the last to know...lol