Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Aux Fuel Kits - Potential Leak Point

Trader history for shouldbeasy (0)

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Here is my post from my build thread:

Well, yesterday was fun!

Took the car in to the stealership for an alignment and, after finding a loose lower control arm bolt, it also became obvious there was an EXTREME fuel leak from the 5th injector LPFL T connector! This scared the shit outta me - I was just driving to town (20 mins) and didn't have my extinguisher with me as I was cleaning the interior. Thankfully disaster was avoided but I was very alarmed to discover the plug from the AeroMotive hose was the culprit.

Being new to push connectors I figured one of them would be an issue - very concerned to see fuel leaking profusely (we're talking almost a stream) out of the brass plug in the pre-packaged T. This was VERY close to the downpipe and would have been the end of the car if it happened to catch fire. I had done a hundred KM or so on the car as break in procedure for the LSD - not aggressively accelerating or pushing the car. My only thought is that when I came out on the pavement before going to the dealership, I did put my foot down for a quick second, had felt the car hesitate and lifted - I was thinking perhaps it was a tune abnormality (I've had boost surge before). NOW, I think that's when the fuel pump supplied maximum pressure and blew past the sealant and started leaking.

I spoke to Ron @ Whoosh and it seems to be a one off - he doesn't package this item but takes the hose from AeroMotive and combines it with the SplitSecond controller for his package. In any case, I think Ron will be removing the plugs from the kits he sells and allowing the end user to install them. This would be avoided if that were the case - the main issue is that the plug HAD sealant on it. I didn't even think to tighten it due to this.

Just to be clear, I'm not voicing my frustration at Ron, but AeroMotive. Ron seemed to be receptive to my issue and understood the ramifications of this happening without the car sitting at the dealership when discovered.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
I'm just out here to spread the word - if you can take off the intake and check these plugs, I would do so immediately.

This is the only brass plug in the AeroMotive push-lok T Connector - remove it, clean it, replace the sealant and reinstall.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Ohhh yes I see. Might want to use a combination of teflon tape and Loctite 565. The Stratified kit does not have that extra port so no plug installed.
I bugged the tech in the back of the stealership I was at for some sealant and tightened it up - if it didn't have sealant on it from factory I would have touched it.

BECAUSE it had sealant on it, I didn't think twice to just run it as is. It failed 150km or so after install.

I bugged the tech in the back of the stealership I was at for some sealant and tightened it up - if it didn't have sealant on it from factory I would have touched it.

BECAUSE it had sealant on it, I didn't think twice to just run it as is. It failed 150km or so after install.
how did u fix?