Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AWSUM ST

My name is Dale I live in SW Ohio. Just bought a 19 FiST, Magnetic, Black wheel option and moonroof. This is a fun daily for me but most mileage will be highway. I want to try some autocross with the car. Will schedule a date at the Octane Academy once I get my letter. Will make a couple of trips to the drag strip as well.

I have ordered a list of parts already V1 Whoosh IC, Boomba BOV adapter, Whoosh RMM, engine mount inserts, pierce motorsports 6 pt brace and rear torsion bar, used Cobb Accessport (still researching on who to tune the car). Motul DTF fluid, LED upgrade headlights (the recommended brand from the headlight thread here).

Got the car yesterday (knew I was getting a FiST just had not tracked it down yet). Got it home and swapped the interior bulbs out with LEDs, big improvement. Will be doing a paint correction and ceramic coating this weekend. If time allows will do the RMM, tranny fluid, headlights.

Future upgrades??? I would like to go with a 16 wheel setup and will be searching for a nice used lightweight set. Like the stock ride height so maybe some B6s in the future? Stock turbo for now but, I can't leave things alone lol.

AWSUM ST I think will be the personalized plate. I'm a loyal Ford guy but been into a lot of Mustangs and both new ones had the plate AWSUM GT so it seems to fit in. A lot of great knowledge and experience on this forum.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
So I have decided I'm going with the GO CART custom plate, should make some chuckle on the street. have been impressed with community here, very good information and positive vibe thru out. Special thanks to Jeff who I reached out to and been super helpful (will install corner tints when the weather warms up). I did the Motul DCTF swap. I was amazed how much smoother the shifting is. The swap was super easy and no mess. The Pierce rear torsion bar install also super simple. I did the Pierce 6 pt brace (HUGE IMPROVEMENT and great mod). On install I would recommend a second person. When installing, put the two front bolts in just to hold it. I had a second person with a pry bar push the brace back the last 1/2" I needed to get the back 2 bolts started, the middle 2 should line up with no issue. Tried it solo with just added frustration lol. Did the Cobb street RMM also a super easy install. Torque steer is greatly reduced and no wheel hop, banging on fast shifts.

Not an easy install was the sound symposer delete lol. If I didn't have super long pliers it would have been a daunting task.

Did a Turbosmart BOV PLUMB BACK (didn't know what that was when I got it used and wondered why I didn't hear a pssst shifting lol).

Exhaust I did a Magnaflow 18" cherry bomb with dual 3.5" rolled tips. Very pleased with the sound 35 for the cherry bomb, 25 for tips and 50 for the muffler shop to install. Deeper idle, added just enough volume at WOT (I'm older now lol), and an acceptable amount of drone 2/10 cruising on the highway.

Did the Cougar LED bulbs and Tech Max in the fogs (recommended in a lengthy LED bulb thread here), very bright and no glare, was very pleased. Also upgraded the interior LED bulbs (I do this on all of my cars).

Once the weather warms I'm installing my Whoosh V1 IC. At that time will add the 1 step colder NGK plugs. Will order a 93 and e30 tune from Dizzy.

Future mods will be some 16" Dekagrams and tires. I have been impressed with the grip from my stock 17" Pilot Sports.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
GO KART...with a K.... That was one of my many choices. 'RAY SCAR', 'GOT TRBO', 'DEF DRVR', 'L LNHOG', 'MY GOKRT', 'HOT WATR', 'GOMAN GO', 'GON TRBO', 'WRK RLPH', 'KNG CNDY', 'GTTA BME'

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
GO KART...with a K.... That was one of my many choices. 'RAY SCAR', 'GOT TRBO', 'DEF DRVR', 'L LNHOG', 'MY GOKRT', 'HOT WATR', 'GOMAN GO', 'GON TRBO', 'WRK RLPH', 'KNG CNDY', 'GTTA BME'
Go kart is taken in Ohio. I will check on my gokrt, that’s cool.

OP
F
Thread Starter #10
Went with MY KART for the plates. Installed Whoosh V1 intercooler today. Had to do a little trimming on a couple plastic pieces to fit. Was amazed how little and light the factory piece was. Also installed my headlight corner tints.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Rear Motor Mount (RMM) should be on your list too! Lots of vendors which have slightly different feels - some a bit stiffer (which can results in AC system shaking the car at idle) or some offering a slight improvement on stock.

In any case, it will certainly help with wheel hop!

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Rear Motor Mount (RMM) should be on your list too! Lots of vendors which have slightly different feels - some a bit stiffer (which can results in AC system shaking the car at idle) or some offering a slight improvement on stock.

In any case, it will certainly help with wheel hop!
Thanks first thing I did was the Cobb street RMM.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thanks first thing I did was the Cobb street RMM.
Totally missed that! Perhaps list a summary of your mods in bullet form for easy browsing?

Once you fall in love with the car, the modifications tend to snowball! I love my FiST and it's not going anywhere - hopefully yours treats you well!

OP
F
Thread Starter #14
Installed my Whoosh v1 IC and NGK one step colder plugs. Ordering my Dizzy 93 and e30 tune tomorrow.