Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Back on 93 tune after a year on ethanol...

That's odd. I know of at least one guy here in SATX that does custom tuning (Fiesta specifically) but there's some mixed opinions on him and I'll leave it at that. What most of us do is e-tuning. It's super easy and gives great results. Some of the main tuners are Tune+, Dizzy, Stratified Auto, JST. Give them a search and you'll see they're super easy to work with. I'm currently tuned with Jason @ Dizzy Tuning but have worked with Stratified on other platforms.
Yeah I was told this from somebody at Nelson performance. I'm a little bit familiar with e tuning because of all the YouTube videos that I watched. So what you're telling me is I'm going to need a cobb access port in order to tune my Fiesta ST through e tuning.

Erick_V

what you're saying is no matter what I'm going to need a Cobb access port

Yeah I was told this from somebody at Nelson performance. I'm a little bit familiar with e tuning because of all the YouTube videos that I watched. So what you're telling me is I'm going to need a cobb access port in order to tune my Fiesta ST through e tuning.
Essentially, yes. I wouldn't mess with SCT Tuners or JB4's. Just get an Accessport and once you see all that it can do you'll understand why it's superior to the other options. All of the E-Tuners, as far as I know, only use Accessport. If you're open to using E85 I can help you find stations that are local to you, mixing is pretty straight forward and the power gain is amazing. I'm in SATX so I know where most of the E85 stations are located. Feel free to reach out to me if you need any help.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was trying to be vague but apparently I wasn't vague enough @Dpro lmao.

Too add to the original post I have found that traction on the stock snail has suffered (albeit on 4/32nds RS-Pros on E30 at 50F). I have my inspection in the morning and if I fail I'll buy another set of RS-Pro's but if I pass I'll wait a little longer and get RT-660's and see what all the hype is about. The thought of dead hooking in second on the RT660 makes me feel all tingly inside and wanting to install my 14psi Turbosmart WGA for the Dizzy E40a tune lol. Luckily I'm in Texas and I can run 200tw tires all year and be fine other than the somewhat rainy season. I don't know how you BT guys do it.
Ya I got some new wheels sitting here waiting for RT660’s going back to 17’s gonna try out 215/40’s on 8’s

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I got to thinking today, maybe it's easier overall to just run the 93 tune, but if you did want that extra 30 HP for any reason, but just don't need so much low down torque, there's no reason why any tuner can't finesse how the power comes in. I agree that if your TC kicks in across a wide swath of the RPM range, it's just wasted power, even on 93.

Tuners tend to max out power all across the RPM range, but I've seen some tuners keep things very conservative in the low and even midrange then go very aggressive on the top end. These cars being FWD just struggle to benefit from so much torque as the car squats and lifts all that weight off the front wheels.

Anyway, all to say, maybe consider a revision for the E30 tune for when you wanna mess around, especially during the summer time and you're likely to make less power and have more traction.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I got to thinking today, maybe it's easier overall to just run the 93 tune, but if you did want that extra 30 HP for any reason, but just don't need so much low down torque, there's no reason why any tuner can't finesse how the power comes in. I agree that if your TC kicks in across a wide swath of the RPM range, it's just wasted power, even on 93.

Tuners tend to max out power all across the RPM range, but I've seen some tuners keep things very conservative in the low and even midrange then go very aggressive on the top end. These cars being FWD just struggle to benefit from so much torque as the car squats and lifts all that weight off the front wheels.

Anyway, all to say, maybe consider a revision for the E30 tune for when you wanna mess around, especially during the summer time and you're likely to make less power and have more traction.
This is why I went with a 91 pump gas tune on my S280. Without doing Aud fuel or bigger injectors I would only bump my HP about 12hp and my TQ around 25 ft lbs or so doing E30.

I can also say right now the car is freaking fast as hell and I have people tryng to race just because they see me come off a light and are like shit he is fast.

The other day it was a guy in a IS300 today its was a guy in a LS1 Camaro like a 2018 lol. It was funny because I do nothing to provoke these guys they just hear me and see me and are like ok lets go. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
BTW; a 2018 would be an LT-1 Camaro, the LS1s installed from the factory, were gone in '02, the last of the 4th gens. [wink]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
Someone has to build one. I know there’s been discussion about the EcoSport driveline, but don’t know I’d that would work. Isn’t it mated to a 2.0 engine?
Not sure. It will never get built. Maybe a one-off but nothing mass-market. The options for us who love hot hatches and want 300whp are either

(1) get a Golf R or similar with AWD
(2) get a Civic R or Veloster N with a bit less but manageable power
(3) live with a Fiesta ST and fight the steering wheel and torque steer and wheel hop as you accelerate more quickly than the car can handle

I will say......I'm keeping my FiST for the long run but if something ever happened to it (e.g. it was totaled) and I survived I'd likely scout out either one of the options above in 1 and 2. It would be too heartbreaking to try to rebuild another car after all the work I've put into this one. But hopefully that won't happen.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^Truthfully, at least part of the appeal of the Veloster N, for me, is that there is very little/limited aftermarket modding/tuning support for them, so I would not feel like I am 'missing out' on anything if I do not have the 'disposable' $10K+ laying around to 'play' with it, as well as no worries about warranty voiding, putting extra stress on, and breaking everything, etc. [wink]

Of course I am in the abject minority on that one. LOL

I don't think I've admitted this publicly, but I was faster around the EVO Autocross School course (many back to back runs etc) in limp mode when the car was getting heat soaked, than I was with full power on the Whoosh Hybrid and 225 width Toyo 888R's, which was actually tuned to be as smooth and linear as possible running E30-50

We can say that it's the driver (which is very true, I shouldn't have been over 30-50% throttle much anyway), but national champ type guys were driving the car too. I did enjoy the crazy hit of power for goofing off, but then when I Installed the stock turbo last month I noticed that it was actually my favorite car to drive. Sold it (the blue car) today by the way (still have the 2018 white car).

PhoenixM3

Not sure. It will never get built. Maybe a one-off but nothing mass-market. The options for us who love hot hatches and want 300whp are either

(1) get a Golf R or similar with AWD
(2) get a Civic R or Veloster N with a bit less but manageable power
(3) live with a Fiesta ST and fight the steering wheel and torque steer and wheel hop as you accelerate more quickly than the car can handle

I will say......I'm keeping my FiST for the long run but if something ever happened to it (e.g. it was totaled) and I survived I'd likely scout out either one of the options above in 1 and 2. It would be too heartbreaking to try to rebuild another car after all the work I've put into this one. But hopefully that won't happen.
Yep, I’m in the same boat, but would either go

1.) Golf R
2.) Audi RS3
3.) Focus RS

Not necessarily in that order, but like small nimble cars.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75

1.) Golf R
2.) Audi RS3
3.) Focus RS

My friend has an S3, a bit lower power than the RS3 but same size, that is NOT a small nimble car, it's a heffer!!!

Dpro

6000 Post Club

1.) Golf R
2.) Audi RS3
3.) Focus RS

Ya Focus RS is really not exactly what I would call nimble. Its a bit much for a street car in fact. It has an absolutely horrible turning radius rides as bad as the FiST or worse stock . It really can haul on a track were you can exercise its capabilities but on the street? I do not think I would own one. I could have bought an RS . I know people who bought them then bought a FiST and preferred the FiST. The Golf R is probably the only car on your list that would deliver the satisfaction but then its VW and truthfully the only way I would own a VW is if I got a deal on one cheap but then would be very careful. VW‘s take a lot of maintenence.
I guess outside of the FiST there are no hot hatches I would buy. Its why I own a FiST. Its why if it were to get totaled I would probably look for another one. I personally also have my eyes set on another RWD car, that my FiST will sit alongside. Thats me, and I get it a lot of people here are solid Hot Hatch only people. Its a tough deal in this world today.

Last edited: