Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bad News for me!

I have a 2014 Fiesta ST. Took my car in for the overheating sensor recall, 2 weeks later my cylinder 1 is leaking coolant. Ford tells me that because I have aftermarket parts (cobb) and downpipe. That it is not their problem. Now I'm faced with a new head repair. $4500.00 cdn. What to do? 60,000k on it's second engine now. Should I find an alternative engine? Is there such a thing?

Erick_V

Apparently the 1.6 eco boost from the fusion and escape is the exact same motor. Good luck!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a 2014 Fiesta ST. Took my car in for the overheating sensor recall, 2 weeks later my cylinder 1 is leaking coolant. Ford tells me that because I have aftermarket parts (cobb) and downpipe. That it is not their problem. Now I'm faced with a new head repair. $4500.00 cdn. What to do? 60,000k on it's second engine now. Should I find an alternative engine? Is there such a thing?
Weren't the early motors being fixed under recall for overheating?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Yes they put a sensor in. My head cracked anyhow. I checked my fluid everyday! 2 weeks after the sensor install. Antifreeze in cylinder 1.

You should fight to get this covered under warranty; considering the recall you have a solid case for a new engine (at a different dealer if need be).

This is almost definitely not your fault, my 2019 had that exact issue (coolant in cyl1) just a couple months after I drove it off the lot. I would try removing the mods and going to a different dealer if they're going to be a pain about it. Technically you can fight them, but it will most likely not be worth your time or money.
Sorry to hear about the issues.

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
They are still refusing to fix it. Talked with the local ford shop manager. Was told that they are always replacing heads or gaskets under warranty. I was wondering if a newer engine would solve the problem? but as you have just pointed out. 2019 still has the issue. arghhh!

I don't know if it makes it better or not, but my 19's issue was in the block... they replaced the whole longblock

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
My COBB. Which they had taken out prior to the sensor install anyhow. What a bunch of CRAP!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
They are still refusing to fix it. Talked with the local ford shop manager. Was told that they are always replacing heads or gaskets under warranty. I was wondering if a newer engine would solve the problem? but as you have just pointed out. 2019 still has the issue. arghhh!
His issue was not the same issue. We should not jump to conclusions just because one person had a problem. I also feel you need to find another Ford dealer or even call the Ford 800 customer service number.

I had a dealer get flaky with me on my car they were not responding. I called that number and the next thing you now the dealer was kissing my ass. Of course I took the car to another dealer. Which was a Performance dealer anyways and I am much happier for it.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
My COBB. Which they had taken out prior to the sensor install anyhow. What a bunch of CRAP!
Contact Ford Corporation directly and seek assistance. Let them know that you know that it is a known issue and are seeking assistance. Do you have service history with a Ford dealer? That goes a long way with getting assistance otherwise you may not get any help. You have to show service loyalty to generally get assistance out of warranty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
My car is out of warranty. I was at the dealership today and they admitted that the head is an issue for a lot of cars. They are also upset that ford doesn't have a proper fix. They feel that it would be too expensive for ford to fix all the engines properly.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My car is out of warranty. I was at the dealership today and they admitted that the head is an issue for a lot of cars. They are also upset that ford doesn't have a proper fix. They feel that it would be too expensive for ford to fix all the engines properly.
Your car is a 14 its known for the issue I would push for a head replacement like I said and Car Guy said contact Ford directly about this go above the dealer.

My 2014 burst that rubber elbow connecting the coolant tube to the engine down beside the battery.. I fixed it myself almost 2 years ago then after my plastic expansion tank got leaks I replaced it with another plastic one and that started leaking so I lost the plot and bought the mishimoto metal one. Never taken the car to Ford. I done just over 80k kilometres since I bought it brand new and after all that it's going strong and a lot more reliable too..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk