Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bad Seller/Poor Communication

Trader history for jaysinstrife (0)

God I hate to wade into this water. I'm not arguing this seller is a criminal but as someone who hasn't bought a used motor mount what in this motor mount is damaged? So I know what to look for if I am ever to buy a used motor mount?

Prosecute him! He'll only know he can do it again with little to no ramifications. Sound;s like somebody in need of drugs would do.... 150lbs of paper, what a moron.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
God I hate to wade into this water. I'm not arguing this seller is a criminal but as someone who hasn't bought a used motor mount what in this motor mount is damaged? So I know what to look for if I am ever to buy a used motor mount?
Look at the top of the bushing in the small end of the RMM in the second pic. Zoom in a bit.

Just an update my PayPal claim refund processed and posted to my credit card this morning. Hope everyone else's goes through as well.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
In my 20+ years on car and bike forums of all types I've seen a ton of scams go down. Never once have I seen the shit bag get caught! Truly amazing how this community just came together and tracked him down...actually scared him into refunding money!

I remember seeing his FS post and thinking, too good to be true. His post count convinced me it was a scam and I moved on. But I'm cynical. I think all involved have learned a few key lessons from this....don't ever gift PayPal and post count matters! I also take it one step further and search the sellers name to see what other posts have been made.

Anywho, hats off to you all for the team effort! I hope you all get ur refunds use it to hire a lawyer lol guys like him don't ever learn. It takes a certain kind of person to willfully take advantage of others. That kinda bastard is fundamentally broken. You guys make sure he goes to jail where he can't hurt anyone else.

I did receive a refund, but would like to assist in any legal action. If anyone is spearheading the effort let me know. I have copies of all our communications.

In my 20+ years on car and bike forums of all types I've seen a ton of scams go down. Never once have I seen the shit bag get caught! Truly amazing how this community just came together and tracked him down...actually scared him into refunding money!

I remember seeing his FS post and thinking, too good to be true. His post count convinced me it was a scam and I moved on. But I'm cynical. I think all involved have learned a few key lessons from this....don't ever gift PayPal and post count matters! I also take it one step further and search the sellers name to see what other posts have been made.

Anywho, hats off to you all for the team effort! I hope you all get ur refunds use it to hire a lawyer lol guys like him don't ever learn. It takes a certain kind of person to willfully take advantage of others. That kinda bastard is fundamentally broken. You guys make sure he goes to jail where he can't hurt anyone else.
I myself learned a valuable lesson. I'm fairly new to buying parts like this only about 2 years worth and a few thousand dollars. Never had a problem so I just see things and offer to buy them without much thinking or homework. I'm going to be a lot more vigilant about user history before even asking about the item.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Just in case you guys haven't learned your lesson. I kid, I kid [neener] None of you buy this! lol

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8211-For-Sale-COBB-AC3-420-shipped-with-mounting-arm
Just because someone has a low post-count doesn't necessarily mean that they are scammers, it just means that you should proceed with extreme caution. There's a big difference. In the post that started this thread, people still sent payment for parts that other members had already stated they had purchased, and that should cause some reflection...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have to agree, take the time to really check out who you are buying from even if lots of posts and see if the item has been sold already, etc.....

Some seemed to have tax returns burning a hole in their pocket and not doing due diligence and checking things out properly:(

There is almost always a bright side to anything that happens in life, lessons learned being the most important usually.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just because someone has a low post-count doesn't necessarily mean that they are scammers, it just means that you should proceed with extreme caution. There's a big difference. In the post that started this thread, people still sent payment for parts that other members had already stated they had purchased, and that should cause some reflection...
Agreed. But a post like that one absolutely raises a red flag for me. A post count that low for a high ticket item = no sale for me every time. Risk, reward just not worth it imo. Unless it were local, of course.

FistSt215

Good job guys glad everything work out and got your refunds ! I hope this don't ruin the for sale section . Just watch out for new guys that are selling parts . Hard to trust people these days