Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bad Shop Reviews: Hennessey Performance

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well that went well..
Lets take a break on all sides or this thread may be closed just to avoid silly banter about MY mom who by the way is in a better place than I am right now

OP
MrClean
Thread Starter #23
A cursory search revealed this link:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20020405/free/204050704

This article has been slightly misrepresented. By being broken up in to different parts the reader assumes they (the stories) come from different sources. This one article is from 2002. So, I have two questions: What has he done recently? Why falsely represent information?
I didn't say it was false and the Corvette link doesn't work, so I wouldn't know how recent it is.
I'm sorry, maybe I was unclear... Hey, I heard that 12 years ago you sneezed in a bunch of people's food. I'm never letting you near my food. I'm not protecting Hennessey; I'm saying use relative up-to-date information when you're a nobody. And to answer your question: If they haven't had any major, verifiable issues since, I would absolutely trust them. There are major companies you trust everyday that are ripping you off, yet you trust them.
If that's truly the case, then it's no wonder he has managed to stay in business. It's because of suckers like you, he is able to collect a paycheck at the end of each week.

I honestly hope you are trolling. The only companies I give my money to are ones that deliver on their end of the deal. The only exception being monopolized industries like internet service providers, the federal government, petroleum, etc.
Hey now, no need to talk about anyone's mothers. I'm most definitely not trolling. Also, I'm not going to restate my point any longer as my words seem to be right outside the width of your tunnel vision.

Just quoting, before he inevitably backpedals.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Mr Clean,
There are always going to be those that disagree, stand up for what they think is right, etc.....you made a thread based on old stories, mostly at least so he does have a point, things could be better there. Personally I doubt it he has changed, I have been around far to long to believe much in such things. I also believe we should be warned but then again may be a moot point as it would not seem the low cost of this car means most owners are not loaded with the kind of cash he goes after.....

You have also gotten a bit offensive and might want to consider backing off, it does you no good service nor helps make your point.

-----------------------

I have had bad shop experiences, far more bad than good which has led me more and more into DIY in areas I would rather not like hiring a highly regarded shop to build a turbo system as a joint effort project on a brand new car just released the day before. Burnt clutch, stock so not a big worry, blown engine next.....very laggy and low power for the size of the turbo....when I tore it all apart to rebuilt it myself, after buying all the tools, teaching myself to weld(finally after putting it off for to many years) finding where they choped off piping and welded it up with all the flashing still on causing horrible air flow issues........I found out the shop reputation was built upon an incredible fabricator and tuner than left to start his own shop due to the lies, not being paid on time, being forced to blow NOS onto an IC to make more power on the dyno, using used parts sold as new......Not only was my engine blown but two highly built BMWs on the same day, pushing the tunes and nobody there to watch, listen to for pinging, etc.......and he lied to them saying their engines were just worn out.....etc......his next best fabricator quite that day.

This guy had $100k dune buggies in there all the time, had been in dozens of magazine articles, etc.....and 10 years later still in business that I know of and still ripping people off. I got paid back by writing a demand letter and taking a very scary and rightly so big bubba with me, a real honest to god bad ass nobody would want to mess with.

-------------

Back to the main topic, if a shop has a known history of the things his shop is known for but people keep giving him money, guess what....right, all the sudden going to grow some ethic, not to likely.

Rick

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I won't backpedal. And I'm chill... If you're going to do this, I believe the evidence should be a bit more up to date; not 10 year old data. I'm indifferent on the topic; I don't care either way. But what I do care about is the accuracy and relevance of the content. If you're gonna bash, do it right.

Edit - Honestly, I don't underatand why you're vehemently against me. Did Hennessey rip you off? Why are you taking this so personal? I don't recall saying anything definitely for or absolutely against Hennessey. He could be the same, or he could be doing better by customers. Spreading the same 10 year old stories won't help reveal that. I hope you can understand that.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Its a c 7, that's recent.
I found that there have been at least three C7 incidents. And that sucks, but it happens. Whether you're a backyard tuner or (in)famous tuner, engines blow, and things catch fire when you're pushing it to the limit. That's the end of the story. Should HPE be going about it differently? Probably. Do you know the story? No. I very recently saw a tuner blow a customers GTR engine and laugh. They'll probably hook the guy up, or not. But knowing the customer service at this particular tuner they'll hook him up.

HPE is still crappy for the customer service. But you know what? If I could afford a C7 AND to throw money at it for mods...I'd probably go to Hennessy if he was the only name I knew.

Mr. Clean, am I back-pedaling yet?

Everyone knows that Mcdonalds is very bad for you. But it doesn't stop most people from consuming their horse meat grub worm filled products. It is still the largest fastest growing fast food chain in the world. The point is most people (not all) are just social media lemmings and drink the koolaid to try and be part of the cool crowd or just because they are brand elitist.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
SAD, so true, so very, very sad. McDonald's is the biggest and may or may not be the worst offender in the bad fast "food" chains as nearly all serve things made from very poor quality ingredients. We live in a land and time of abundance yet eat horribly in this country and the big guns are doing all the can to spread this all over the world.

In my family we rarely eat out as far more prefer the wonderful flavor and energy from the food we cook from fresh at home, we do pay a premium but not what fast food crap costs in more than just money. We would love to be able to eat out more but just know better.

--------------------
Back to the topic, lemmings in food, lemmings in the world of massively overpowered and mostly useless cars.

I have built some exceptionally sorted out cars including Vettes but the one thing I never felt a need for was, to me, stupid amounts of power to brag about.

Taking a brand new car, handing over your checkbook, knowing the history of things gone bad, seems just a bit out of kilter in my perspective...

-------------------

There is one key word that is the cornerstone of how everything works best, in the entire universe, balance.

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I had a pretty rough childhood and was far out there myself but in different ways and worked for many years trying to fit in. I finally figured out I was just me and once I honored that I became far more successful in all aspects of my life. I still have the rest of my lifetime to learn and grow, we all do, what we are here for and I am glad for all the things I have been through.
-----------

One thing I learned when it came to modding cars was back in the 70s'. Power was either a massive iron block engine, in mostly crappy cars, or going fast was going low weight and that is what interested me. Since I had a family, wife in college, very limited budget I had to improvise, build many of my own parts or get others to help me and barter to pay for them. Taking weight off was a fun challenge and I was able to beat every competitor in my class and most all in far "superior" classes no matter how much money they spent on expensive parts, especially on power.....in my Datsun 510's.....those were very satisfying days.

I have always believed in lowering weight and properly setup suspensions, balanced in all ways possible and have either won when in the right platform or had many 2nd and 3rd place finishes in the absolute wrong car for the class over many far more exotic and "superior" chassis cars and most with far more power than I even wanted. I have found winning to be fun but placing very high when supposedly in the wrong car even more rewarding.

The FiST is a very capable car, far beyond what the sum of the parts leads one to believe, and will be one of the most rewarding builds I have done, I already know it and have barely driven one. I do plan on a turbo upgrade as want a bit more HP but looking more towards a very broad powerband that is easy to drive, I might end up with a detuned setup to get there, power in balance for the use of the car and mods I am doing to it.

When I built my last Vette it was intended to be a track day car I could drive out there and also enjoy a summer cruise in, top down. I just never expected to find there were no proper roll bars made for it and after 50+ hours of design work just to many compromises to make one fit. It just seemed I could buy one, stick it in and go but not so. I had a hugely capable street/track car with a ton of money into it and only used it to cruise around in so it had to go, it was pointless to keep it.

I will make the FiST into a great car all around, street/track and it will have a world class audio system(super low in weight, my specialty) thus I can demo it as I travel, as well as the truck and trailer as all are getting the audiophile treatment, real high end systems, much fun in sharing this with others:)