Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Blow Off Valve

What's up everyone? I'm looking at swapping the awful stock BOV (if you can even consider it a bov lol)

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks is the best, what they've used etc.

Strongly considering ordering the Turbosmart BOV Kompact Shortie Dual Port from CJponyparts due to their Canadian Shipping support.

pros/cons? Also fielding thoughts on the Tial models as I was able to find those on a Canadian site I could pick them up locally from.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Ran a Boomba on my FoST. Worked awesome no issues at all. Not really a tuned sounding BOV more of a dumping of air if that is one of your concerns.

If I was going a route with out using the stock location it would be a Synapse.

Shorty arrived late Saturday... haven't installed it yet. So, went the same way you did, but can't share any experiences...

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
The TurboSmart Kompact is a nice choice
we are very competitive regarding support to Canada
I have hundreds of SRT4 customers up north that receive their parts in a few days
http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/turbosmart-bov-kompact-dual-port-ford-fiesta-st-1-6l

another popular alternative has been the GFB diverter valve
http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/go-fast-bits-diverter-valve-dv-ford-fiesta-ecoboost-direct-replacement

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
Hey Ron,

that's awesome, I will definitely keep you in mind when I'm ready to order my stuff, liking the options you've got listed so far!

Cheers

Okay, so here is my quick review of the TurboSmart EM VR2 BOV.
The sound is beautiful and the reaction is fast. The car does run smoother between gears at higher booth levels.

I also like that the BOV does NOT blow off unless you push a lot of boost through the turbo (spool). So you can totally drive the car without blowing off every second. Then when you feel like being a little lore outgoing, you can hammer the gas and it blows off beautifully. In the early morning, I can easily get to the freeway before blowing off... so not to piss off my neighbors. There is also a slight amount more flutter than with the stock BOV.

Install took me about 45 mins including removing the passenger wheel.
It was a fairly easy install and I love the sound and response. I also really appreciate the comments above as they helped me make a decision!!!

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Okay, so here is my quick review of the TurboSmart EM VR2 BOV.
The sound is beautiful and the reaction is fast. The car does run smoother between gears at higher booth levels.

I also like that the BOV does NOT blow off unless you push a lot of boost through the turbo (spool). So you can totally drive the car without blowing off every second. Then when you feel like being a little lore outgoing, you can hammer the gas and it blows off beautifully. In the early morning, I can easily get to the freeway before blowing off... so not to piss off my neighbors. There is also a slight amount more flutter than with the stock BOV.

Install took me about 45 mins including removing the passenger wheel.
It was a fairly easy install and I love the sound and response. I also really appreciate the comments above as they helped me make a decision!!!
There's usually a setting on aftermarket BOV to adjust sensitivity. That "flutter" is the boost pressure being forced back into the turbo (compressor surge). In other words, your settings are set very aggressively and not releasing pressure at low boost/part throttle. This can sometimes lead to bucking from low boost to off throttle. If you drive very aggressively often, then you may like the delay in boost release, but typically people like a responsive BOV for smooth driving. Everything I've read suggests compressor surge off throttle is generally fine.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
There's usually a setting on aftermarket BOV to adjust sensitivity. That "flutter" is the boost pressure being forced back into the turbo (compressor surge). In other words, your settings are set very aggressively and not releasing pressure at low boost/part throttle. This can sometimes lead to bucking from low boost to off throttle. If you drive very aggressively often, then you may like the delay in boost release, but typically people like a responsive BOV for smooth driving. Everything I've read suggests compressor surge off throttle is generally fine.
The particular blow off valve he installed is not adjustable I also have one.
It is designed to perform just like OEM, but is built so much better.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk