Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best lower cost coil overs

Was looking at the bilstein coilovers, but may not have the patience to save up, since im planning to do a 4x100 conversion weels and tires and coil overs at the same time. What would you recommend for good quality coil overs for a good price?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I've been very happy with my BC Coilovers.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Heard mixed things about bc, but theh look nice. Though they are only 100$ less than the bilsteins

You're not going to find quality coilovers for any less than the Bilsteins. Shop around and you can find a set for $800.

^that's for the non-ST specific version. From what I understand, the ST specific ones I posted have different valving.

No prob. I'm definitely going with these coilovers later this year. I had Bilstein PSS on my first S2000 and they were amazing. Absolutely perfect for a street car.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
A fellow member spoke to some Bilstein reps and they stated the differences were negligible. A few members have the above coilovers on their STs and love them!

A fellow member spoke to some Bilstein reps and they stated the differences were negligible. A few members have the above coilovers on their STs and love them!
I don't doubt that they'll work just fine. The differences, from what I've gathered, are that the ST-specific coilovers will go lower and are valved differently. For an $11 difference, I'll go with the ST specific versions, but to each their own. [cheers]

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Where are you finding the $11 difference? From what I've found, it's more like $200 to $300. If the "ST specific" application and paying more makes you happy, then so be it. Who am I to judge? [cheerleader]

MeisterR

Vendor
Well, just to throw another mix of what you can get for close to the money.
We got the MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers.

They are $995 delivered, so a little more than the Bilstein.
But you get a lot more in terms of feature and performance.

You can aluminium front camber adjustable spherical bearing top mount.
The rear top mount is also included, so you do not have to reuse any OEM top mount.

You also get adjustable mono-tube damper, same as what you would get on the Bilstein B16 PSS9
The dual perch design also allows independent ride height adjustments from springs pre-load.

The entire coilovers come pre-assembled out of the box, so you just need to bolt it on to the car, adjust ride height, and set the alignment.
Just another option if you are looking to get more out of your car.

Jerrick

Ended up with the Bilstein ST coilovers. My mechanic was drooling over them. The ride is better than stock and obviously looks better. Pretty hard to find a complaint for $800 along with a lifetime warranty.