Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best lower cost coil overs

OP
S
Thread Starter #22
Ok i ordered the bilsteins. Was tough to chose but i dont think ill need camber adjustment

Waterfan

Ok i ordered the bilsteins. Was tough to chose but i dont think ill need camber adjustment
Nice :)

When you get a chance, I would love to hear how they perform. (These are tied for first place with Pierce Motorsports chassis stiffening on my "Next Upgrade" list.)

OP
S
Thread Starter #24
:( shoot thr motorsports called and told me its going to be about a month and a half to get them back in stock

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was a Bilstein guy for a long while. Ran the PSS9s and loved them. Was ready to go with a set for this car but after much Googling went with MeisterR for 995. They've become my new favorite. Amazing setup for a little bit more than the Bilsteins. And they're DIY serviceable! Check out the MeisterR thread to read my review on them.

OP
S
Thread Starter #27
Just installed the bilstein coilovers last night. Rides great. I have them all the way low. Thought it would go lower but im happy with it. No rubbing. Though i did take the wheel wells out

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF the Bilstein kit was at least rebound adjustable, i would consider them as well. ;)

How much spring can the valving of these dampers handle?

Also, can aftermarket coil over springs which are LINEAR RATE be used on them?

Well, just to throw another mix of what you can get for close to the money.
We got the MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers.

They are $995 delivered, so a little more than the Bilstein.
But you get a lot more in terms of feature and performance.

You can aluminium front camber adjustable spherical bearing top mount.
The rear top mount is also included, so you do not have to reuse any OEM top mount.

You also get adjustable mono-tube damper, same as what you would get on the Bilstein B16 PSS9
The dual perch design also allows independent ride height adjustments from springs pre-load.

The entire coilovers come pre-assembled out of the box, so you just need to bolt it on to the car, adjust ride height, and set the alignment.
Just another option if you are looking to get more out of your car.

Jerrick
This is exactly why I ended up going with MeisterR. I have an APO shipping address so some companies give me same shipping rates and some (like modbargain) give me astronomical shipping prices. It ended up being about 50 bucks more for me to just go for the meisterR and I couldn't be happier about it. After actually seeing them compared to the Bilstein it was a no brainer. Not that the Bilstein aren't a big improvement over stock.