Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Replacement Tire

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You cannot get them from TR, but there is also the Nitto Neo Gen, reasonably priced, decent grip, they seem to wear better than their 280 tread wear would indicate, and they run wide for any given size.

They ARE all season/M+S rated though, so maybe not so good for SoCal??
NEO Gens are garbage in the grip department here. lol. Just get cheap and get some Feddys lol even RSR’s. Sticky and Cheap. avialable in 215/40 17! s If you want to stay `7 17 or just get some wheels and drop to 16’s .Can’t go wrong wear them out buy again :ROFLMAO:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Tried the Pirelli's, meh! Currently on Riken Raptors. They were on sale around $44 each so I bought 2 sets. First set lasted around 20,000 and I probably have about 12,000 left on my current set. Have no qualms about buying them again if I can get hold of another set. Falkens on my old Focus SUCKED! Good grip but wear out when you look at them! Would never buy Falkens again! I got two bald patches on two of the tyres with NO emergency stops or racing and Falken didn't want to hear about it!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NEO Gens are garbage in the grip department here. lol. Just get cheap and get some Feddys lol even RSR’s. Sticky and Cheap. avialable in 215/40 17! s If you want to stay `7 17 or just get some wheels and drop to 16’s .Can’t go wrong wear them out buy again :ROFLMAO:
trapaholic did not specify whether or not these were going to be his summer ONLY, or a year 'round tire.
IF the latter, and he being in Maryland (?), he may need some cold weather handling capabilities, in which case I would shy away from any 'Feddys', yes, even the RSRs, or ST1s which everyone claims handle 'cold' 'OK enough' (their 'cold' may be different than OUR 'cold' here in the mid-Atlantic, stop being so 'location-centric' LOL [wink]).

IF the former, then YES, go to one of the Federals. [:)]

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
What about continental DW? I had them on my MS3 and I loved them. Good price and performed great cruising at 70+ on the highway in the rain.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Tried the Pirelli's, meh! Currently on Riken Raptors. They were on sale around $44 each so I bought 2 sets. First set lasted around 20,000 and I probably have about 12,000 left on my current set. Have no qualms about buying them again if I can get hold of another set. Falkens on my old Focus SUCKED! Good grip but wear out when you look at them! Would never buy Falkens again! I got two bald patches on two of the tyres with NO emergency stops or racing and Falken didn't want to hear about it!
Idk how people wear falkens out quickly..... Id still be on mt set for the rest of summer if one hadnt gotten torn by an unavoidable pothole. ( a big enough chunk out of the sidewall that i felt uneasy driving on them.)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
trapaholic did not specify whether or not these were going to be his summer ONLY, or a year 'round tire.
IF the latter, and he being in Maryland (?), he may need some cold weather handling capabilities, in which case I would shy away from any 'Feddys', yes, even the RSRs, or ST1s which everyone claims handle 'cold' 'OK enough' (their 'cold' may be different than OUR 'cold' here in the mid-Atlantic, stop being so 'location-centric' LOL [wink]).

IF the former, then YES, go to one of the Federals. [:)]
I was replying to your SoCal comment. :ROFLMAO: You said and I quote”They ARE all season/M+S rated though, so maybe not so good for SoCal??” At which point I responded saying yes Neo Gens are trash here. lol Not exactly in those words. I can say my Feddys have been ok in 50-60 degree temps I even think they have been in high 40’s :ROFLMAO:as well as wet roads.
Though one mans tolerance for decreased grip in the rain can be different. I have found them to have enough to get by running them in the rain. I certainly would not push them hard but this is not a RWD car were I would be going for some drift action. :ROFLMAO:

Mikey456

Tried the Pirelli's, meh!

Do the Pirelli’s last 20k miles? Do they grip well in the dry compared to the OEM tires. I don’t drive much in the rain. I think the Falkens have excellent grip but will probably last around 10k miles. The OEM tires lasted about 20k.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was replying to your SoCal comment. :ROFLMAO: You said and I quote”They ARE all season/M+S rated though, so maybe not so good for SoCal??” At which point I responded saying yes Neo Gens are trash here. lol Not exactly in those words. I can say my Feddys have been ok in 50-60 degree temps I even think they have been in high 40’s :ROFLMAO:as well as wet roads.
Though one mans tolerance for decreased grip in the rain can be different. I have found them to have enough to get by running them in the rain. I certainly would not push them hard but this is not a RWD car were I would be going for some drift action. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I framed that first post before realizing WHERE the op was located, referencing SoCal before I realized he was in my general area of this land. [wink]

But, I am still fearful of being caught out on the RS-RRs in even 50*F ambients, and have them off of the car by the first week of October every year, because of that.

I would probably be driving on 200 tread wear stickies year 'round if I lived in your locale. [:)]

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think I got around 20,000 out of them, but they were nearly $90 a tyre compared to the Riken's. The Riken's were something like $276 delivered to my door! That was a steal! That's why I bought another set within weeks. The Falken's I had were toast after about 10,000!

Mikey456

I think I got around 20,000 out of them, but they were nearly $90 a tyre compared to the Riken's. The Riken's were something like $276 delivered to my door! That was a steal! That's why I bought another set within weeks. The Falken's I had were toast after about 10,000!
So the pirellis are a decent summer performance tire comparable to the OEM. Just a little more expensive?

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The PZero Neros are actually a bit less coin than the OEM B-stone 050As, IF you can even find the Potenzas anywhere. [wink]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
615k+ if your car is a seldom driven toy. I got 15k miles out of mine including a track day at VIR.

PZero Nero and OEM 050s are close enough in performance for me that I'd buy whichever is cheaper. I have the PZeros on one set of wheels and 050s on another and I have a hard time telling the difference FWIW.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just wanted to try them but found a cheaper alternative with the Rikens. Even if the Bridgestones were available, I'd find an alternative. They were expensive around $120 each!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Tried the Pirelli's, meh! Currently on Riken Raptors. They were on sale around $44 each so I bought 2 sets. First set lasted around 20,000 and I probably have about 12,000 left on my current set. Have no qualms about buying them again if I can get hold of another set.
I had Raptors on my Volvo V70 2.4t wagon. LOVED them. (edit: except in snow) Can't remember how long they lasted. Between 20k and 30k? I have CRS. It wasn't super-short like the Avon's I ran the first time I upgraded. The Avon's gripped, but gone in about 13k I think. Yeah, it's a heavy car and I drove...let's just say I drove it.... (Koni yellows and IPD heavy duty sway bars ft & rr, tuned)

Where did you get your Raptors?

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
TireRack. I don't know if they still sell them, but if they do, I'll get some more when my current ones need replacing. I'm more than happy with them.