Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best tires that come in the stock size?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
My 2 cents.

I enjoyed how predictable the factory re50A tires were. Even during autocross. I carried a weed sprayer full of water and hit the tires and intercooler after every run. I can see several back to back runs making them greasy and degrading the performance. Rain traction sucked. But you learn to drive careful.

currently on 215-40-17 azenis 615k+. A bit better at teml handling. Dry traction is good, they look racecar. And carried me to seattle and back with no issues. But again wet traction sucks. Might try a different tire soon as these are about done. Id love an 8"wheel and tire. Or if i flare it, a 9"tire.

Idk why people like Indy 500s so much. They are 340tw. Wouldn’t even consider that a track/ autocross tire
I think you forget that treadwear ratings aren’t at all standardized. Firestone’s 340 could be the same as Nitto’s 280. While the Indy 500 isn’t a track tire, it’s a pretty high performance street tire, and much more love-able and live-able than any DOT R compound would be in day to day use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you forget that treadwear ratings aren’t at all standardized. Firestone’s 340 could be the same as Nitto’s 280. While the Indy 500 isn’t a track tire, it’s a pretty high performance street tire, and much more love-able and live-able than any DOT R compound would be in day to day use.

OP is asking for the best tires in the track and autocross category. He’s already looking at 100tw R888Rs and NT01s. 500s aren't even in the category that he’s looking at.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
While the Indy 500 isn’t a track tire, it’s a pretty high performance street tire, and much more love-able and live-able than any DOT R compound would be in day to day use.

The 500s are most certainly much more tolerant of handling lower temps (but still not down to sub 30*F temps for extended periods of time, they are still a SUMMER tire after all) than any of the 100/200 or lower gumballs, which will freeze and have their sticky compounds crystallize below 40*F, rendering them all but useless.

OP is asking for the best tires in the track and autocross category. He’s already looking at 100tw R888Rs and NT01s. 500s aren't even in the category that he’s looking at.
OP is looking for a high performance daily per the original post. He mentions autocross tires, because he/she says that that they may get a different daily, but also says that he is open to suggestions. I think the best suggestion, for a daily, is to not run a DOT R compound tire. First tire he mentions is an RE71, which competes in the same category as the Firehawk.