Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best way to remove the fiesta from the rear trunk

Mine only came with ST on the back for some reason. I always wondered why they never put fiesta on there..? Australian models..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Dealer decided to have someone detail the outside of my car. Besides all the swirls in the paint job, had also noticed that a decal was loose and coming off. So if you want the decal off, just take it to the dealer and have their rookie detail it.

I use tape around the edges to avoid digging into the clear coat. Then I used a putty knife to take out the fiesta badge. I've been playing with the idea of putting the fiesa badge back on though and taking the ST badge off lol.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I use tape around the edges to avoid digging into the clear coat. Then I used a putty knife to take out the fiesta badge. I've been playing with the idea of putting the fiesa badge back on though and taking the ST badge off lol.
The dental floss or fishing line takes 10 seconds with zero chance of paint damage. I'm not brave enough to put a putty knife close to my paint, I'll be the one that screws up and puts a big scratch in the paint, LOL!

SrsBsns

Yeah, it's pretty easy to do. I took mine off with some floss and a heat gun. Got the rest of the residue off with goo gone and then a claybar.

The dental floss or fishing line takes 10 seconds with zero chance of paint damage. I'm not brave enough to put a putty knife close to my paint, I'll be the one that screws up and puts a big scratch in the paint, LOL!
I use a flexible putty knife and with the edges rounded off. I work in a body shop so that is how I do it. I don't really have dental floss in my tool box lol.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I use a flexible putty knife and with the edges rounded off. I work in a body shop so that is how I do it. I don't really have dental floss in my tool box lol.
Funny, a guy in a body shop told me about the floss! I just don't have the balls for the putty knife thing but I can see you do it lots more than I do so you are comfy with it.

Funny, a guy in a body shop told me about the floss! I just don't have the balls for the putty knife thing but I can see you do it lots more than I do so you are comfy with it.
Ya I'm sure the dental floss method works. However, I have never seen that method done in the shop environment. We are going more for speed I guess.

I recommend having the car sit in the sun for while. The warmer it is, the easier it'll be to remove. I haven't removed the "Fiesta" badge, but I have on plenty other cars.
I've always used dental floss and then Goo-Gone to remove any residual adhesive.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I used some medium weight, deep sea test fishing line, as the light dental floss just snapped as soon as I put ANY pressure at all on it. [wink]

Last edited: