Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best wheel for brake caliper clearance?

PCA-1

The Pro Race 1.2's are a very caliper friendly. Just had 6 pot Baer brakes nice fit 18x8/40mm offset Pro Race 1.2 wheels. Caps are custom. Mk1 Focus.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #23
I went the Kosei K5Rs and have the Wilwood big brake kit. Here are comparison shots of clearance between OEM wheels and the Kosei K5R wheels. Sorry for the bad lighting.
Wheel clearance 1.JPG Wheel clearance 2.JPG

I went the Kosei K5Rs and have the Wilwood big brake kit. Here are comparison shots of clearance between OEM wheels and the Kosei K5R wheels. Sorry for the bad lighting.
View attachment 9367 View attachment 9368
Glad they worked out! If you ever track the thing, don't track it with the BP-20 pads. They will melt on you. Go with the HAWK DTC-60 pads.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #25
Thanks, Joszer! I read about the Wilwood pads before I bought the kit, so went with Carbotech 1521 for the street and XP10s for HPDEs.

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #27
None that I know of. Tire Rack will check for you, though, if you ask them.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you can wait a few more months, maybe a bit longer, Avanti Storm wheels, 16x7/8/9 will be out, 4x100 conversion needed, very low weight, flow formed so very strong, around $159 each...they are made by Konig and very good wheels and pretty sure they will clear the standard WW BBK with 12.19" rotors.

There is also an 11.75" rotor version in process that will clear some 15x8 wheels so easily fit the 16x8, I am making that happen for my own use but giving the info to a BBK company to make kits available, it likely will be in 4x100 and 4x108 or dual fitment.

Sever

I have the OZ Ultralegerra 17 x 7 ET42 and these fit very well with my Wilwood calipers. I can stick a pinky between the backside of the wheel and caliper. I'm running the Dunlop Direzza ZII star spec tires and the BC coilovers with a 1 inch drop.
Does anyone know if this wheels (oz ultraleggera 17x7 ET42 or oz formula hlt 4f 17x7 ET42) will clear the v-maxx 290 bbk?