Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big rock dent on intercooler

Hey guys so i just recently noticed a big dent the size of a quarter on the intercooler.
Should i be worried ? Any advice.

Picture?

Presumably if the intercooler doesn't have a puncture it should be "fine" to drive though cooling capability is probably reduced a bit. If I'm not mistaken, you'll be leaking boost from the turbo if it is punctured

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Fins can be bent. The core is hard to break and get a leak. I know a guy that got a 2x4 on the highway and bent it no leak. Not you want take some tweezer or better plastic trim removal tools and gently bend the fins back.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I had a rock put a hole through mine... JB weld to the rescue! Sealed it up and it holds boost at a constant pressure so I considered it fixed.

But ya, take a comb and straighten the fins (or tweezers) and see if the core has been compromised - perhaps you have to do the same thing I did...

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
my intercooler is all dinged up, both fins and tubes, after winter. I use tweezers and a tiny flathead screwdriver to fix them every spring. Not much I can do about the tubes. Thinking of running a new factory intercooler in the spring and the current one for the winter. Might try a screen over the intercooler this winter to see if it helps.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
my intercooler is all dinged up, both fins and tubes, after winter. I use tweezers and a tiny flathead screwdriver to fix them every spring. Not much I can do about the tubes. Thinking of running a new factory intercooler in the spring and the current one for the winter. Might try a screen over the intercooler this winter to see if it helps.
I place a piece of window screen in front of the rad and ic before winter. Either by taking the bumper off or fishing it through the holes and zip tieing it. Works wonders to catch rocks or at least slow them down.

OP
IconST
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies guys i will get a picture today and post it so you guys can see.
But i doesn't look like tweezers will help :(