Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Big Turbo Results Thread

TempeST

So I have two VDynos here. Both of these are with my girl friend and myself in the car. Hence the 3000lb. I have 6 others all showing between 325-331. I am using 92 octane from the on base gas station and I am out of fuel In the upper RPMs. I am still new to this vdyno thing so if there is anything you guys can point out let me know. I read this article here:
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/619146-how-use-virtual-dyno-properly.html

I have done the smoothing 0, and smoothing 1-6 trick to ensure the logs were good. and these two had the least amount of change from 1-6 with both less than 7hp and 10tq. The road is incredibly flat I have done the back and forth thing on the same road, and results were within a couple hp/tq. the only thing I can think of for my results being inflated would be the weight of the car itself+occ weight.

So go ahead and flame on, that's fine. but the main reason I am posting this is not for the numbers but so you can get an idea of how the power curve is with the DHM EFR Kit. for whatever reason though I cannot get the boost or AFR to post in the graphs. :(

EFR VDyno Log 66.jpeg datalog 68 Vdyno.jpeg

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
So I have two VDynos here. Both of these are with my girl friend and myself in the car. Hence the 3000lb. I have 6 others all showing between 325-331. I am using 92 octane from the on base gas station and I am out of fuel In the upper RPMs. I am still new to this vdyno thing so if there is anything you guys can point out let me know. I read this article here:
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/619146-how-use-virtual-dyno-properly.html

I have done the smoothing 0, and smoothing 1-6 trick to ensure the logs were good. and these two had the least amount of change from 1-6 with both less than 7hp and 10tq. The road is incredibly flat I have done the back and forth thing on the same road, and results were within a couple hp/tq. the only thing I can think of for my results being inflated would be the weight of the car itself+occ weight.

So go ahead and flame on, that's fine. but the main reason I am posting this is not for the numbers but so you can get an idea of how the power curve is with the DHM EFR Kit. for whatever reason though I cannot get the boost or AFR to post in the graphs. :(

View attachment 11210 View attachment 11211
Any chance of getting a boost curve ?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TempeST

I cant figure out how to get it to work, or the AFR. are there any tricks? I can tell you its 20 psi at 3800-3900 on both these runs. peak at 25. builds slow to about 15-16psi then shoots up from there at 3800-4200ish.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I cant figure out how to get it to work, or the AFR. are there any tricks? I can tell you its 20 psi at 3800-3900 on both these runs. peak at 25. builds slow to about 15-16psi then shoots up from there at 3800-4200ish.
Copy/paste the column name that's listed in the datalog .csv file.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am envious of that power curve TempeST has as I had the first DHM EFR kit, sold the turbo to TempeST and had the manifold converted to the GT series to run the GT2560R as it was far to laggy on my car then hit to hard making the car a bit unsafe in some situations. I am very glad it is working so well on your car of course!

I have had nothing but huge headaches with the GT setup, no boost control and lots of lag, then boost control and lots of lag, still not found what is causing the lag after a great deal of time and effort sorting it out.

Originally I started with the EFR solenoid on the GT as I shipped the Cyborg with the stock unit, I had no boost control at all, then the Cobb unit and still no luck, finally bought a new ST unit which fixed the boost control issue but not the lag. If I had used the stock solenoid I likely would of never sold the EFR and saved a huge amount of time and money swapping to the GT which has been a major headache to deal with.

I just sent pics off to the manf/shop that installed the billet wheel in the GT to see if it looked like the gap was to big from wheel to housing and on the turbine side as well, he said they look fine but looks rather large to me on the compressor side, he says that is normal on a BB turbo. My setup is nearly identical to WSPEC's system which is doing incredibly well, why I went this route, imagine how frustrating this has become.

Yesterday I found the cat looks partially plugged, at least 50% if not more, with what appears to be soot, no idea why it would be plugged and have been told the cat has to be replaced, not happy with a $500 cat with a couple of hundred miles on it would be plugged and need to be replaced and certainly not happy about it.

Anyone have a way they know of to clean out the cat so I can get this back together and finally figure this out?

My dhm quick spool was laggy too, because of my elevation. Switching to the gtx2860 with .52 turbine side helped ALOT. Hit 20 psi at 3600-3700 at my 7000' elevation. Don't know how high you are, but it's worth it.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I am envious of that power curve TempeST has as I had the first DHM EFR kit, sold the turbo to TempeST and had the manifold converted to the GT series to run the GT2560R as it was far to laggy on my car then hit to hard making the car a bit unsafe in some situations. I am very glad it is working so well on your car of course!

I have had nothing but huge headaches with the GT setup, no boost control and lots of lag, then boost control and lots of lag, still not found what is causing the lag after a great deal of time and effort sorting it out.

Originally I started with the EFR solenoid on the GT as I shipped the Cyborg with the stock unit, I had no boost control at all, then the Cobb unit and still no luck, finally bought a new ST unit which fixed the boost control issue but not the lag. If I had used the stock solenoid I likely would of never sold the EFR and saved a huge amount of time and money swapping to the GT which has been a major headache to deal with.

I just sent pics off to the manf/shop that installed the billet wheel in the GT to see if it looked like the gap was to big from wheel to housing and on the turbine side as well, he said they look fine but looks rather large to me on the compressor side, he says that is normal on a BB turbo. My setup is nearly identical to WSPEC's system which is doing incredibly well, why I went this route, imagine how frustrating this has become.

Yesterday I found the cat looks partially plugged, at least 50% if not more, with what appears to be soot, no idea why it would be plugged and have been told the cat has to be replaced, not happy with a $500 cat with a couple of hundred miles on it would be plugged and need to be replaced and certainly not happy about it.

Anyone have a way they know of to clean out the cat so I can get this back together and finally figure this out?
Typically you don't clean them out, but have had some success with brake cleaner one time I blew a turbo seal and oil went through the entire exhaust system. try a can or 2 of brake cleaner. Shouldn't harm the cat.

Realistically you can't really clean the plugged cat's. Sometimes using solvents like brake clean or "seafoam" can help but if its actually 50% clogged your pretty much stuck buying a new downpipe.

TempeST

Here is the boost curve per Datazap. 20psi at 4100-4200 so I was a little off. as you can see though once it hit 12-15psi its shoots up. It has 13psi at 3000rpm. But I love it. It is nice to daily drive like this because there is no crazy torque jump at -1800rpm like the stock turbo. drives like an NA car under 3000, but around 3500 it really pulls. peak is 25psi. And I forgot to click it, but over this run, my charge temps only increased 4.6 degrees! Thank you DHM Race intercooler!! this is 92 octane, I will have 92 octane and Methanol in the next few weeks. I have to find time to hook up the Methanol kit.

EFR 68.png

TempeST

I can see a twin scroll kit helping out a little with the spool. But do I really need faster spool? not really, The only time I have driven this car for any kind of twisty speed. The lowest recorded rpm was about 3600. and at that point by the time I get back in it i'm at full boost. So I'm more than happy!

TempeST

Hi Tempe, nice power. Are you running the .64 or .85 A/R turbine housing?.
Thanks Sekred! This is the .64 a/r housing, I chose it ultimately for fear of too much lag. And I would think the main reason for our differences in results would be from the manifold. From your results it comes on a little quicker and holds the power and torque pretty much across the board where mine is a little more laggy than yours but keeps climbing in the upper RPM band. It's kinda cool to see how two different kits react differently due to the small differences.