Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B14 pss rear spring orientation

Buckle55

For those that have installed the Bilstein b14 setup I installed the tears tonight and the rear spring configuration has me a bit confused.

the instructions seem to show the adjuster directly against the body and the spring below it. With just the plastic spring wear protector retained on the lower arm

but I’ve seen multiple post and build pictures with them installed with the adjuster on the bottom and retaining the foam bushing on the top between the body and spring.

anyone know the “correct” way to install the rear spring?

Erick_V

On my BC Coils I have the adjuster on the torsion bar and the rubber on the top of the spring (body of the car). I don't have any weird noises or NVH from the coils. I've had my coils on for 20k-30k miles and the rubber piece that came with my coils looked good as new, just dirty.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
For those that have installed the Bilstein b14 setup I installed the tears tonight and the rear spring configuration has me a bit confused.

the instructions seem to show the adjuster directly against the body and the spring below it. With just the plastic spring wear protector retained on the lower arm

but I’ve seen multiple post and build pictures with them installed with the adjuster on the bottom and retaining the foam bushing on the top between the body and spring.

anyone know the “correct” way to install the rear spring?
all coilover kits are different
Bilstein kits for the Fiesta ST are intended to install the adjusted on the top of the spring resting on the car underside