Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein B6 w/ stock springs

I'm just looking for some upgraded dampers to use with my swifts but don't want the ride height to change but I wouldn't care if it sat lower.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The endless discussion about Swift springs B6 or B8 who knows.

We have been discussing this for years and nobody knows.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
EVEN Swift 'tech' themselves are not sure which Bilstein damper to suggest with their Spec R springs, as they keep vacillating between the two. [:(] [dunno]

I just wish that I knew if one kept the car closer to factory ride height than the other. [wink]

Hey everyone, I have some b6s front and rear and some Mountune springs that will be installed in like 3 weeks do I need to buy anything else for the install? My car has 40k on it and I’m having a shop do it while I’m out of town (new dad have no time to wrench) and I want to make sure they have everything they will need for it to go smooth. Thanks!

Business6

So we're talking $200 shipped for two of each from 2, 3, 8-12 on top of the cost of the new parts? Yikes, man.

I didn’t replace anything when I put Swift springs on. I’m going to put Bilstein dampers on soon, and I got new front mounts/bearings since when I removed them before they sounded a bit gritty.

Business6

You'd need 4 each of the nuts and bolts (2 of each on each side). I really wouldn't worry about the other bits unless they had high miles or were acting worn out.
I just hit 63k miles and four years of ownership on my 14 which has been through at least three winters. I figure if I eat the cost now (or whenever I change suspension components) I probably won't have to mess with it for however long I still have the car. I'm hoping that will be 3-5 years more, if not longer.

Thanks for everyone’s input I’m getting the parts just in time hopefully. I didn’t expect to spend this much tbh, I might have gone with coilovers if I had done more research

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Once one adds all of these parts into the cost of B6es, and that I would also want to replace the factory springs with new ones if I decide to go that route (and would want the higher rate earlier factory springs if possible), I am at least heading towards the co$t of even the mid-priced coil over systems (FA 500s, Panda rally modified Silver Neomax, etc.). [:(]

I just bought 11 and 12 when I did my b6 front struts with stock springs. However, looking back, I should've also got #9 as mine have tears in a few places.

I’ve read that some have experienced a raise in ride height with B6. Anyone experience this here?
Unfortunately I didn’t do any pre-measuring of my stock struts/Swift SpecR setup, but here’s some numbers for reference:

Bilstein B6/Swift SpecR fender to wheel center in mm:
LF 313 RF 313
LR 322 RR 325

So there’s definitely more gap in the rear, but someone else would have to do some measurements of stock or SpecR springs to see how they sit with stock struts.

I initially had some Powerflex rear spring isolators and the measurements were:
LF 312 RF 314
LR 328 RR 332

I pulled them out due to it sitting higher in the rear than I’d like. So just the polyurethane isolators add 6-7mm to the rear ride height. I’ve also run B6/SpecR on an Evo and a BRZ. After a couple years, both starting sagging in the rear. Loss of pressure in the B6s? I actually put a spacer on the rear of the BRZ and flipped the perch on the Evo struts to raise them up some. The isolators could come in handy if the FiST starts sagging in the rear more than I’d like.