Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bilstein b8 shocks on h&r super sport springs, is it worth the upgrade over stock?

Hey everyone,
Currently run h&r super sport springs on stock shocks but have been wanting to get a set of b8s to improve ride and ideally handling as well. Is this worth the cost, and will the shocks mesh better with aftermarket springs? Thanks for the information

Zormecteon

I just put the b8s in with mountune springs. I waited to 60,000 miles on the stock ones. (shocks last 60,000 miles?).. I don't notice much difference. The ride is about the same, maybe a little flatter in the corners...maybe.

OP
Daniel.1534
Thread Starter #3
I just put the b8s in with mountune springs. I waited to 60,000 miles on the stock ones. (shocks last 60,000 miles?).. I don't notice much difference. The ride is about the same, maybe a little flatter in the corners...maybe.
Interesting, I began thinking I might wait as well. Let the stocks wear a bit more and just “upgrade” once they need or are close to needing replacement.
Thanks!

I'm on whiteline with OEM and been considering the same thing. Right now I'm thinking it makes a little more sense to just buy the ksport from whoosh if I'm going to do anything. From what I've read they punch above their weight class for the price ($850)

Zormecteon

An update. The car has settled nicely and now sits a smidgen lower (by eye, no measurement) than with the stock shocks. I took it on one of our local windy bumpy roads yesterday and can say that the ride IS smoother with the b8s than with the original shocks. I found myself traveling about 10 mph faster than with my Miata on the same road, without even thinking about it. It's a given that the ride was completely controlled by the shocks, and I too was in complete control.

My verdict is that it is an upgrade. Sublte, but well worth it.

My 2¢