Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend door actuator driver, permanent solution?

So, I don't often use the feature,
I generally keep the AC on the front top vents.
But recently (37k miles) they started tapping.
And it seems to be a common issue.

I was wondering if there's a more permanent solution available, or if I will need to replace the darn thing every other year (~35k miles)?

Or, is it ok to just disconnect it, seeing that I mainly use only 1 setting anyway?

xxiaze

Would also like to know info on this. Pretty confident it’s just a trash piece we will need to live with though.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
The part seems to be the same everywhere.
Some sites selling it for $11-$13, others for double the price.
They all are remakes of the genuine part, no specs page mentions tackling the weakest link (the one plastic cog that always breaks).

I want to know if I can get my vents to stay in a certain position, meaning, what would happen if I just pull the unit, how will the air be routed?

Last edited:
The part seems to be the same everywhere.
Some sites selling it for $11-$13, others for double the price.
They all are remakes of the genuine part, no specs page mentions tackling the weakest link (the one plastic cog that always breaks).

I want to know if I can get my vents to stay in a certain position, meaning, what would happen if I just pull the unit, how will the air be routed?
Yeah I had the same question, can you keep it set in one position. It's it rerouting of air or blending of cold and hot air. Hmmm.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The plastic gear breaking on the OEM part, may just be a symptom of the problem. It needs to know the real position of the blend door in order to operate it. To that end and memory serving, I think they have a potentiometer type track in the part. That type of potentiometer design, even more so for non-sealed potentially humid environments, are unreliable. Even if you swapped out all the gears for metal parts, it still wouldn't stop the system from loosing blend door position.